Grayling Fishing River Test Timsbury

Tony U

Now rain and SNOW! :rolleyes: 9am 'feels like' temp is -4! :blink:

I'm off in a minute, see you all on Sunday. Don't forget the warm boots and hot drinks... :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're going to need more wine and coffee, I hope Lyn has got a big pan.

Still it will be fun

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Looks like the curse of LEON strikes again, It wouldnt be the same without 20mph winds driving torrential rain now would it ? TIMBER!! :D
I think that we've proven that it's nothing to do with me!Anyway, the weather was perfect when I was there a few weeks ago, and the fishing was far too easy.I think a bit of cold, wind and rain will add to the challenge :)
Don't forget the warm boots and hot drinks... :)
Been to the Sargeants Mess today for a pair of thick wooly socks, and some thinsulate fingerless gloves :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Typically, just as I went out to collect bait, the Landrover let me down for the first time in nearly three years - fuel lift pump's died and can't get a replacement 'till Monday. I'm still coming, the garage have given me a courtesy car, just going to be interesting getting the tackle into a Ford Ka :o Probably be good though as it'll stop me doing my usual trick of bringing too much gear and then half killing myself lugging it to the river. I'll just stick to the match rod and a light tip rod and leave the avon and barbel rods at home (12' 2 piece rods would be a bit tricky in a car this small). Feels like driving a motorised roller skate after the Defender, and looks as if I could fit it in the back as a spare as well :lol:

Will

Well it`s good news on the weather front!! The sleet has turned to heavy rain and the wind has dropped to a gentle 19mph, Whooo that`s a relief then. :headhurt:

Look on the bright side.

At least it's a southerly wind/gale.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Good luck tomorra chaps looking at the weather forecast you might need it! I've got an invite to a nice bit of the upper Kennet and am starting to doubt wether or not I should go... :(

Latest rain radar!

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Well I've bought my maggots, bread and sweetcorn, extra floats and some tiny hooks.

Have checked the map and printed out a route.

Currently waxing my coat in anticipation of the torrential rain.

Can't find my fingerless gloves anywhere.

Good luck to everyone and see you tomorrow!

David