Other field sports

Guest J.Iddon

And Foxhunting IS then?

50+ people , overweight pen-pushers on their days off decide to mount a horse , close / detour some roads , enlist the help of 100???? hounds and embark on the epic journey across the countryside , running a fox (pretty much to death) as sport.

If the humble fox is that much of a problem , why not have a designated team of fox-hunters to track down the "pests" and put a bullet straight through its head?

No , 2 bit jumped up "10 bob millionaires" decide that it is right to run a tiny fox into the ground for nigh on 20 miles?? and then do as they please with it when caught. WHERE IS THE SPORT IN THAT!!!!!!!!!!?????

What a load of crock. Thats the view of fox hunting an anti would like you believe, not one i would hope for from an anglers net member. :thumbdown:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Foxhunting IS then?

50+ people , overweight pen-pushers on their days off decide to mount a horse , close / detour some roads , enlist the help of 100???? hounds and embark on the epic journey across the countryside , running a fox (pretty much to death) as sport.

If the humble fox is that much of a problem , why not have a designated team of fox-hunters to track down the "pests" and put a bullet straight through its head?

No , 2 bit jumped up "10 bob millionaires" decide that it is right to run a tiny fox into the ground for nigh on 20 miles?? and then do as they please with it when caught. WHERE IS THE SPORT IN THAT!!!!!!!!!!?????

Got to agree with this statement. Here in SA there was a bounty of 10 bob for every fox killed, it was a long time ago but if the fox becomes such a problem then why not. Now the farmers shoot them and Parks and Wildlife bait them.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Got to agree with this statement. Here in SA there was a bounty of 10 bob for every fox killed, it was a long time ago but if the fox becomes such a problem then why not. Now the farmers shoot them and Parks and Wildlife bait them.

Ah, the `good old days` :thumbs:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

And Foxhunting IS then?

don't know much about it then <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

don't know much about it then <_<

probably read about it in the guardian :rolleyes:

Den digging up the rabbit is for the rabbits sake ,if the ferret kills or injures the rabbit it has to be dug up ,some rabbits dont rush out at the first whiff of a ferret into the nets but sit tight ,the ferret finds them and attacks them .

and i was puzzled at first by the shooting of game and how the game keeper took pride in his birds and their end,but having spent some months helping a game keeper realised that had they not shot them they wouldn't exist ,they are expensive to produce ,rear and maintain.

not all get killed and a good % live perfectly "normal" lives untill a car hits them.

the money raised for the shoots raises next years batch and keeps both keepers and casually paid beaters in pocket.

no shoot no birds! simple country economics

pointless explaining fox hunting to those that read about it ,its been discussed in the past so pointless typing it all out again.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Rabbits eating crops? feeble excuse to kill them.

You what, Den? Do you honestly believe we should let them breed unchecked? I'm thinking that every farmer I've ever known might strongly disagree with you, mate. <_<

I also shoot rabbits for a stud farm owner who has had to have three horses put down in the last four years due to them breaking legs in rabbit holes on the edge of the paddocks. Anti-rabbit fences seem to have failed and regular shooting, ferreting and constant inspection has worked so far. The fact is, rabbits do need to be controlled.

Finally, there would be plenty of people who consider 'because we enjoy it' to be a 'feeble excuse' to catch fish. Erm...ner. ;)

All the best, mate.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

much rather kill them quickly by any method than use mixy ,plenty of pathetic creatures around here this year on the golf course side of the pond.and those bunnies are killed because they exist not because they eat crops.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I don't shoot myself, but I can't see the problem with rearing and shooting pheasants. Seems a far more humane way of rearing meat than the lot of the average chicken.

In general there is no problem and I quite agree with you regarding the comparison with chickens.

There have been some problem with the issue of overstocking on commercial shoots and ending up with too many almost tame fat lumps that don't fly properly, so don't offer decent sport.

Bit like carp commercials really :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Agreed, but that's a sporting issue, isn't it? I mean, even if they were so tame and slow that you could scoop them up and wring their necks, I'd still rather eat one than an Asda chicken.