Just a quick Ahhhhhhhhh picture!

Chris Goddard

Just hatched today!! My FIRST with the new incubator!! But already lost two!! One chucked itself in the water reservoir!!! And the other was from a Double Yoke egg!!! You can JUST see the BLACK sheep of the family at bottom of picture!!!

Got 9 from 12!!! And possibly two more to go!!!

post-1123-1191701232_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Just hatched today!! My FIRST with the new incubator!! But already lost two!! One chucked itself in the water reservoir!!! And the other was from a Double Yoke egg!!! You can JUST see the BLACK sheep of the family at bottom of picture!!!

You've got a sheep in there as well ! - doesn't that tend to squash the little chicks ? :unsure:

Rob.

Good stuff Chris.

Next time you need to have a web cam (call it a hatch cam) running so we can all help keep track of the progress.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois has a great exhibit of chicks hatching. It's one of the favorites and always crowded. Good luck with your new venture. When they start getting the fuzzy down they are do darn cute :)

For relativly small scale production such as is shown in your photo, I think youll find that a chicken is a cheaper way to hatch eggs. It's also less labour intensive as the Mk1 chicken will automatically turn the eggs when your not there and is definatly the greener option as it's carbon neutral. :P

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I know my timing may be a tad out. But before they go for the table, will you ring their necks, or give them the chop? :oops:
NEITHER!!!! I'll use these!!post-1123-1191751772_thumb.jpgMUCH more friendly!! :lol:
For relativly small scale production such as is shown in your photo, I think youll find that a chicken is a cheaper way to hatch eggs. It's also less labour intensive as the Mk1 chicken will automatically turn the eggs when your not there and is definatly the greener option as it's carbon neutral. :P
BUT!! You ALSO have to feed the hen and NO EGGS!!! :D :D :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Just had to chase the cooking fat!!! He SNEAKED in and took one of the chicks!! And the wife WONDERS why I was not keen to have them in the house!!!!

Incidentally, just in case, I haver moved them to a HOLDING pen!! With lamps LOL!!

But was going to post that that RABBIT did NOT die in vain!! What with half a dozen yorkshires (MY OWN) and some select root vegetables!! Mmmmmmmm :D:D:D

Just got this picture!! The chick in question (Laid down!!) IS asleep!!!

post-1123-1191778727_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard