Holiday advice needed

peter mccue

I have a three day break coming up shortly, & much to my surprise, the missus (God bless her heart) said pick somewhere nice where I can browse the shops & relax, & you go fishing!!

Now of course, my mind has gone into overdrive. What I really fancy doing is a bit of Harbour fishing with Carp rods, flatties Coalies etc...well anything with fins really.

Any of you well travelled guys & gals have any suggestions? As long as its North of Watford!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Peter, Why not think about Oban or Fort William, it has all the things you and your Mrs would need, and the fishing isnt bad either...:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Was over at the Mull of Galloway last weekend and took a few shots. The first 2 were taken from the top of the lighthouse ,Scotlands most southern point. On the first one you can see Luce Bay. On the second one you can see the Irish sea on the left and Luce Bay on the right. I was looking north at the time Mull2.jpgMull1.jpgThis one was a "moody" shot taken from the cafe at the end of the MullMoody.jpgThe rest were taken in Logan Botanical Gardens.Gardens3.jpgGardens2.jpgPlenty of shops in Stranraer and you can still target pollack an wrasse from the shore at this time of yearAlso check this out!!Gardens1.jpgIt really is a nice part of the world - the main reason why I have a static caravan over there :DAnd Port Logan fish pondVisited the Port Logan fish pond on Saturday for the first time in a few yearsLoganfishpond.jpgWe had picked a nice day it and as attractions like this go it was fairly cheap!!Sign2.jpgThe pond contains a mixture of pollack,coalfish,mullet,spurries,conger,plaice,turbot and cod. Have probably missed a few fish off in error mind!! We were each given a bag of trout pellets and commenced to fed the mullet and pollack with them.Mulletandpollack.jpgFeedingpollack.jpgFeedingmullet.jpgThe cod would not take the pellets and were being hand fed mackerel strip by the keeper.The cod really were posing for the camera!Handfeedingcod.jpgFeedingcod2.jpgFeedingcod.jpgIt really is well worth a visit if in the area. Hope you enjoyed the picturesCan give you detailed fish marks if required and digs for the area :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Great photos Snatcher but there is one thing missing mate SHOPS :lol::lol:

Now if he was heading south Poole would be the answer, hundreds of shops and lots of good fishing.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

how on earth do they know when the dogs are busy so they can bar them? :o

and having to pay just to get to the reception is outrageous

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Plenty of shops in Stanraer. Or she could get the ferry over to Belfast for the day :rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I have a three day break coming up shortly, & much to my surprise, the missus (God bless her heart) said pick somewhere nice where I can browse the shops & relax, & you go fishing!!

Now of course, my mind has gone into overdrive. What I really fancy doing is a bit of Harbour fishing with Carp rods, flatties Coalies etc...well anything with fins really.

Any of you well travelled guys & gals have any suggestions? As long as its North of Watford!

Don't know about North of Watford but suggest Poole/Bournemouth.

Good fishing in the harbour/beach and plenty of shops for FPO. ;)

Dave

B)

Fishermen hold their rods with both hands!

My site - Fishing Boats and Equipment

lots of nice harbours around mid wales eg newquay,struggling to help u with the shopping bit mate :thumbs:

Cheers Norrie, Fort William or Oban looks good, had a little trawl through the net tonight & they both sound like nice places, can't find much info about fishing in the harbour though.

Snatcher, did have a think about port Logan & the mull of Galloway, but there didn't seem a great deal to keep a shopaholic wife occupied. Great for me though, you're pics sell it a treat!

Ken, Dave & Lyon, Can hear you loud & clear chaps, I love those places but I am in the N.E. & I've only got three days.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Cheers Norrie, Fort William or Oban looks good, had a little trawl through the net tonight & they both sound like nice places, can't find much info about fishing in the harbour though.

Peter,Hiya mate..... Well, at Oban, theres fishing all along the shore, ...., just a couple of mins walking from the harbour....have a look here...

http://fishing-argyll.co.uk/sea/oban.htm

and at the Fart, the fishing is pretty good at the big car park, which is about ..oh....mibbes 30 secs walk from the High St !!! :)

have a look here...

http://www.fortwilliamfishing.com/index_files/Page449.htm

http://www.fishing-argyll.co.uk/sea/loch_linnhe.htm

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/