Lurker amnisty

Ken L

I just noticed that there were 4 members looking at NFC anf then I noticed this:

"26 User(s) are browsing this forum (22 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)"

22 Guests !

OK, so a couple of those will be members who arn't logged in for whatever reason, but 22 !

Come on guys and gals, sign up and join the party.

You don't need to be an expert in anything or be a skilled writter. In fact, I frequently argue passionatly about things that I know absolutely nothing about, and do so using the most appalling grammar and spelling. Do I care ? No I do not !

Come on, sign up and introduce yourself on this tread.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I've been tracking incoming search engine traffic recently....you'd be AMAZED at how many people visit here each day looking fo an answer to a specific question!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

So go on then boss!! Don't keep us in suspenders!! :lol:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

LOL After I posted that, I thought, "How many will read that and think that I'm referring to one single specific question?" :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

ok they are all me ,can i help having a multiple personality?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Still no newbies :(

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

163 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes

149 guests, 11 members, 3 anonymous members

Edit Note: I removed a sub-topic style discussion of grammar, spelling, etc. as it was not really in keeping with the spirit of this topic. I also split off a MAC OS tech question into a new topic of its own.

Edited by Newt
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Still no newbies :(

Afraid not.. I've been watching this thread and saw the 'idle banter' that was taking place.. Its a shame really. I used to come here everyday under a different name a while ago. I left for selfish reasons and regretted them after. There were many people here that I had a good laugh with. Really enjoyed reading the threads. Trouble was even though I had been a member since late 2002 I still didn't feel more than just a guest.

I think I'll stick to the shadows thanks.

-S

I have to admit to being a little perplexed by a growing number of "guests" who go to the trouble of E mailing Elton via his main page (worth reading chaps if you routinely miss it) asking for information about various waters or fisheries or particular types of fishing in their areas and yet can't be arsed to do the decent thing and sign up and join in

Two things would happen

The first is that they would probably enjoy it and the second thing is that they would probably get the info they want when members feel that they could trust their motives a little more and get that two way exchange of ideas and information

So come on and give it a go: the worst that could happen is that you find you like it here and that can't be a bad thing can it?

Afraid not.. I've been watching this thread and saw the 'idle banter' that was taking place.. Its a shame really. I used to come here everyday under a different name a while ago. I left for selfish reasons and regretted them after. There were many people here that I had a good laugh with. Really enjoyed reading the threads. Trouble was even though I had been a member since late 2002 I still didn't feel more than just a guest.

I think I'll stick to the shadows thanks.

-S

If you had a good laugh with some people on here then it couldn't have been that bad. ;)

I still regard myself as a 'guest' on here. I have never met any of the members.

But I have had a good laugh, generously been given help, I regularly exchange PMs and emails with a few members, and like to think that I have given help in return, and hope I can call them friends.

This was the first (and only) forum I joined when I came on the 'net, and haven't seen any better, yet.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John