List all the jobs you've had

Ian FG

good luck with your training i found it very difficult but having an interest in what i was getting trained in anyway helped ,unfortunately C & G doesent seem to count for anything today ,far more easy but more modern certificates seem to hold more weight! <_<

probably why some "certified" employees dont have a clue in real life (cut to the government cockup post) :D

Thanks Chesters.

The thing I find hardest, is that I'm used to a more, 'hands on' job. Sitting behind a desk, does my head, (and my back) in.

So unless I can find something that combines the two, I think I'm going to struggle.

I have a couple in mind though, but then the age thing comes into play. <_<

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck with your training i found it very difficult but having an interest in what i was getting trained in anyway helped ,unfortunately C & G doesent seem to count for anything today ,far more easy but more modern certificates seem to hold more weight! <_<

probably why some "certified" employees dont have a clue in real life (cut to the government cockup post) :D

Would agree 100%, because I started on site at 18yrs I continued taking an ONC / HNC and in those days it meant something. You had to have five GCE passes including maths and english to start on the course, and two A level passes to proceed onto HNC.

None of this course work rubbish you sat exams some three hours long and either passed or failed none of this wishy washy pass marks they hand out today.

And as a junior site engineer the money was cr*p and yet I was expected to help chippies carrying bl**dy great 8'x4' formworks around the sites, plus acro-props and all the rest, then give a dig out on re-bar and concrete operations etc. I don't regret any of it, it was great fun to be involved and I learned a lot we never would have covered in college, plus I gained hands on experience with things we were studying.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

i miss the smell (and taste) of ferric chloride

Far out, man. :P

and mostly the extremely polite far eastern students especially the female ones i spent many happy hours in the dark room

Interesting occupation you had there, Chesters. You da Man! :D

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

hi all

farm hand

vermin man

mole cacher

shepard

bucher

head bucher

keepers skivvie

now at colige doing my first diploma in game keeping

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

Erm , lets see.

Spud peeler at my local chip shop. Ahhhh fond memories

Warehouse operative. My first PROPER JOB.

Turkey catcher? A team of 6-8 men rounding up and loading turkeys from the farms into lorries headed for the abbatoir. (And without doubt , the hardest / toughest job I have ever done) The sheds / farms hold between 12 to 16,000 turkeys depending on size required for the abbatoir in each shed. Each shed must be emptied onto the lorries in no more than 4 hours!!! Then onto the next one.

Warehouse transport assistant manager

Book distributor LEEDS

And present day …….T.V. Aerial / Satellite Engineer. (Having done this particular job since I was 10 years old with my Dad)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

i have to say that it is heartening to see so many people having so many jobs in completly non related areas. I'm only 22 but the feeling is starting to set in after 4 and a half years with the same company that i need to get out soon (boss does my head in) and while at the moment i only have the skills for one job its nice to think that in 30 years i could be doing something completly different.

Paper boy.....don't want to feel left out

Painter and decorators assistant

Royal Navy - Fleet air arm - air engineering artificer

Margarine stacker

BT - External faultsman

Pizza delivery driver

Revenue Protection inspector on the Railways

Canon Photocopier technician

Fruit picking/hostel help

Domestic appliance technician for Bosch-Neff-Siemens

i have to say that it is heartening to see so many people having so many jobs in completly non related areas. I'm only 22 but the feeling is starting to set in after 4 and a half years with the same company that i need to get out soon (boss does my head in) and while at the moment i only have the skills for one job its nice to think that in 30 years i could be doing something completly different.

Darren , one thing i've learnt over the years is that your job takes up a significant part of your life . Think about it , its normal that 5 days out of 7 you're working. If you're unhappy in your job , it means that you're gonna be unhappy for at least 5/7 of a week....Thats why i've always looke forward if i'm not enjoying my job .

The best part of my life was in 2004 when , at the age of 36 , i packed in my job , sold my house and spent a year backpacking round the world . It was something that i just suddenly decided but felt that having worked solidly for 20 years , i needed a decent gap year. Best year of my life in all honesty.

Variety IS the spice of life after all :unsure::thumbs:

paper boy

milk bottle washer

dairy assistant

squash court cleaner

bar man

abbatoir assistant

worked in the family general store weighing out animal feeds, stocking shelfs cleaning and working on the till

then I left school!

bank clerk

Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers - Electronics technician

Pro squash coach

Bar cellar man

bar manager

restaurant manager

hotel manager

Chef

Kitchen porter

then I went to University did a business law degree

bar man

waiter

supermarket shelf stacker

left uni

IT telesales

IT consultancy - documentation solution

IT sales - hardware

IT sales - network and intergration solutions

Web development - ASP Coldfusion java

web infrastructure design and implementaton

multimedia development

Insurance telesales

general labouring holiday acomodation repair and maintenance

cycle repair and hire

stevedore

FLT driver

Dumper driver

prawn creel fishing

farm labourer

school cook

high school IT support

I think that covers it all, but there may be some I've missed.

forgot

postie

production line rowntrees and terrys

weeding nursery growing beds (and I swear it rained all day for the full six weeks!)

car sales

potato picking

hay making

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Cheers Paul. The thing is i enjoy my job, its just things that keep niggling away at me. The rest of the team for the most part arent up to scratch, my boss is so full of ridiculous ideas that it hurts, doing the same job elsewhere could net me 4k a year extra and i have to work with Perma Freelancers who take home 36k a year (thats 10k more than me) for being no where near as competant/experienced at the job as me and a couple of my colleagues are. Kinda just gets on yer tits a little.

I am waiting until the new year comes to pass before i start looking seriously elsewhere. we have a whole new suite coming in which will need planning and testing before it is finally ready to go on air. one it is (probably last January) then i'll start packing my bag i think. I like to see projects through to the end so that i get to play with all the new toys and flashy buttons lol.

the other thing is that i dont honestly mind what i do. as long as it can support me and my soon to be wife then i'll do it. Its just finding a job that will give you a chance with no exp in that field and not expect you to work 5 years on crappy pay before they pay you something to can live on.