For crying out loud!

mr motorola

Guest Brumagem Phil

Not all progress takes us forwards.

Who says we came from single celled organisms? Evolution takes a giant leap of faith just as the idea of God does (or the theory that we are an experiment put here by aliens).

Life on this planet has often taken HUGE steps backwards in its history, in fact life has almost vanished more than once. We are the only creatures though that are likely to bring such a fate upon ourselves.

We all need structure MrM and like it or not, we all need rules or guidelines to follow. Most religious books are simply that. Its the misinterpretation of them, or hiding behind them to try and grab land, water, oil or someother wealth that causes the problem. Remember if everyone obeyed the highway code, the roads would be much safer, its when people start ignoring or misinterpreting it that problems arise.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day it is their country, and their laws.

If someone is going to work in such a place,they have it as their own responsiblity ,to make sure they understand the laws and culture,so as not to make these mistakes.

going to live in such a place implies acceptance of those laws.

Having said that,

I hope the people working on her behalf, can come to a diplomatic agreement, to ensure her speedy release.

"if you are going to walk on eggs,tread softly"

in other words, dont expect to go and live in another country,but live there under british laws.

just wonder how much aid we give to such countries ,if they were to go ahead and i don,t think they would, surely time to stop ,not sure if it were an isreali or american if they would sit by and wait sometimes i wonder if we have any b*lls left as a country .big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

I just don't believe I am hearing all this rubbish about it's their country and their laws etc.

This poor woman was doing her best to teach these children how to read and write, to catch their attention uses a teddy bear and decides it should have a name which she lets the kids choose. This goes on every day over they use the same teaching method at our local infants school.

This dear lady did NOT set out to break any laws and neither did the seven year old kids she was teaching.

At a reasonable guess Muhammad is a much used name for male children in the class and school so it would be natural for them to latch onto a name they knew.

I don't know if any of you people who are condoning the authorities action knows what a Middle East or North African prison is like.

The only way to get some thing to eat is for the food and water to be brought in by someone kind enough to help.

The sanitary conditions are appalling the stench goes well beyond the prison walls.

The place will be crawling with cockroaches and other insects.

Just being in prison will be a nightmare for anyone who has half decent living standards.

Imagine being in there at night pondering on your fate for this HORRENDOUS crime.

I have witnessed men incarcerated in Middle East prisons being reduced to babbling idiots simply because of the conditions.

You lot have little or no idea of what that poor woman is going through and I think it is utterly shameful to say she should have made herself aware of this obscure law and what is occuring is her own fault.

I just hope none of you find yourselves or your nearest and dearest in such a disgusting situation.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Sorry Ken, but I read it all carefully the first time and it reads exactly the same the second time, so I stand by my comments.

Don't worry, she will be home for Christmas, without a mark on her body. :rolleyes:

You hope so.

Example:

We had a driver with my last company who was involved in a vehicle accident, a car plunged into the side of his truck killing one of the occupants and injuring others. The truck was one of three traveling together this was done to try and safe guard the drivers. Everyone knew it was not his fault but besides our company paying blood money he still received 20 lashes before being released.

I just hope you are right but it appears to me to be escalating down a route where not to punish her would be to loose face and believe me that will not happen.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

PS. Read this link and you will find it was exactly as I quoted it earlier.

It is down to how it is interperated, no where does it say a toy cannot be named Muhammad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7115821.stm

If they cannot make up their minds please tell me how this poor woman could have known.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

I just don't believe I am hearing all this rubbish about it's their country and their laws etc.

This poor woman was doing her best to teach these children how to read and write, to catch their attention uses a teddy bear and decides it should have a name which she lets the kids choose. This goes on every day over they use the same teaching method at our local infants school.

This dear lady did NOT set out to break any laws and neither did the seven year old kids she was teaching.

At a reasonable guess Muhammad is a much used name for male children in the class and school so it would be natural for them to latch onto a name they knew.

I don't know if any of you people who are condoning the authorities action knows what a Middle East or North African prison is like.

The only way to get some thing to eat is for the food and water to be brought in by someone kind enough to help.

The sanitary conditions are appalling the stench goes well beyond the prison walls.

The place will be crawling with cockroaches and other insects.

Just being in prison will be a nightmare for anyone who has half decent living standards.

Imagine being in there at night pondering on your fate for this HORRENDOUS crime.

I have witnessed men incarcerated in Middle East prisons being reduced to babbling idiots simply because of the conditions.

You lot have little or no idea of what that poor woman is going through and I think it is utterly shameful to say she should have made herself aware of this obscure law and what is occuring is her own fault.

I just hope none of you find yourselves or your nearest and dearest in such a disgusting situation.

Hello Ken,

The problem is The law was not an obscure one !

It is one of the pillars of Islam.

And the lady has my full sympathy and best wishes, I said this before in a round about way and I will say it again Directley

Someone somwhere In sudanese sociaty.

made a decision to see this women fail where did the rent a mob come from prior to her arrest?

She is as mauch a victim of politics as she is of breaking a Taboo,

If I have implied that she should be left to rot out there that was not my intention, What I was trying to convey was, it is piontless try to find a rational for this incident using a secular weston mind set. Before you can find a solution you need to ackowledge the Problem. because the problem offends our westen Values dos not make it any less of a problem.

For any one concerned including the women.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Even when visiting foreign countries as a tourist, I make myself aware of the basic laws and obey them.

When I was seconded to the Middle East , I did the same, but as a resident I made sure I was aware of all the socio/religious "laws" as well.

I never forget I am the "visitor".

What about this poor innocent soul. :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7116315.stm

15 years in a Peruvian jail can't be a lot of fun.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Interesting comments Steve, and in principle I don't disagree with you.

Having said that, Ken used the word misguided which implied their views were wrong. Why is it that we in the west believe that OUR way is best and must some how foist it upon others?

Hmm. But in principles like the freedom of thought and expression, the freedom to worship whatever god we choose (or none at all) and rule by democracy rather than ecclesiocracy, I sincerely believe that our way is better. Our system is not perfect (the continued existence of our illiberal blasphemy laws, for example) but it's certainly better than many. I don't think we should try to force our values onto others, but I wouldn't shed any tears for the end of the last dictatorial regime, religious court or Sharia state.

Even when visiting foreign countries as a tourist, I make myself aware of the basic laws and obey them.

Same here:

1. Don't kill people
  2. Don't rape people
  3. Don't steal stuff
  4. Don't let children name teddies

Common sense, reallly... :rolleyes:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE