Reel Adverts - invented terms

Newt

Graham X - that one got me laughing. May be the best one ever written. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

Yes Newt, me too! I just wish I had a scanner, and then I could post it together with the very helpful diagram they used to illustrate this unique property of their rods. :D

Just think what you'd have if you combined a rod that bends more with a load on with a smaller size of the Shimano Calcutta® TE™ reel. Totally efficient reel on a bending rod. What a concept.

And I just looked at one of their on-line adverts Here.

I think they have nearly matched the "bending rod" for stating the obvious. The part I've put in italics. And here all this time I'd thought that catching fish was the main challange of the sport of fishing. But what do I know?

quote:

TE stands for "Total Efficiency", a concept that represents the ultimate response to the two main challenges of the sport of fishing: casting and retrieving. For the first time indeed, Shimano's Super Free System (SF™) and High Efficiency Gearing ("HEG"™) are married in one reel.

[ 17. January 2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

since when was any gear efficiant :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've just senn on the back of a Vibrax Spinner box, that it has "Anti Twist" design, featuring a

Patented Resonator Gear, preventing line twist! Apparently it's rotor transmits "provocative sounds, alluring fish". Im going to pull it through my bathwater tonight, just to see if it's as provocative and alluring as the missus!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Graham X

If these rods have a little Island on them and retail at GBP299.00 each read on:

I have just bought one of each model, waggler, power waggler and feeder.

Total retail price GBP897.00

I paid (including vat and postage/packing)

the total amount of GBP85.00 for the lot!

Thats approx GBP28.34 per rod!

I bought them direct from importer who I do alot of work for.

They are very light and slim (in fact I am still scared to put them together).

The advert says quote" Angle of bend increases by minute degrees in total relation to amount of resistance."

I had to test this and set up the lightest rod with 2lb line.

The line was tied to my greenhouse.

The rod bent and bent and bent etc etc etc.

I could not break the line (2lb remember).

Heres how they work :

Most rods have three areas of power TIP, MIDDLE and BUTT. This can depend on type of rod and type of action eg tip action, through action etc.

Where you join most rods togeher you get a flat spot where the rod does not bend properly.

These rods are none of these!

With a normal rod :

If you hook a small fish the tip bends.

Hook one a bit bigger and more of the tip bends into the mid section.

Hook a medium fish and your rod bends right into the middle power area etc etc etc.

These rods do not have the normal three sections

but have been constructed so that the whole rod is like one big spring with no flat spots and a through action when it bends. The blanks are also anti lock blanks.

Most rods lock up at a certain bend when they run out of power.

These rods bend right through to the butt and are claimed to be virtualy unbreakable.

It is very hard to explain but belive me they are good.

I belive the price is now down to GBP225.00

in the few shops that stock them.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Newt

quote:

Just think what you'd have if you combined a rod that bends more with a load on with a smaller size of the Shimano Calcutta® TE™ reel. Totally efficient reel on a bending rod. What a concept.

And I just looked at one of their on-line adverts Here.

I think they have nearly matched the "bending rod" for stating the obvious. The part I've put in italics. And here all this time I'd thought that catching fish was the main challange of the sport of fishing. But what do I know?

Following the link - what the hell is a "wiffle spool"?

Where's the 'ANY' key?