Wind Turbines the TRUTH

"Reliability of nuke stations is another myth, because of the high danger levels involved in running these units if one of a type develops a fault all of that type automatically have to be shut down, this info has been known for some time. So the more you build on the same design the bigger the problem."

no problem build a few spares ,remember these dont need to be in a fixed position wheres wind towers need wind and water ones need water so chuck a few at the seaside at dungerness and other spots that arent holiday havens etc.as they have no moving parts build the buggers underground in cornwall most of the coast is unusable anyway ,problem solved .

theres plenty of oil and more found all the time so have some oil powered ones as well and ofcourse we have plenty of coal so create a few jobs digging it out and build some coal fired ones as well to boot.

as i said "natural" power isnt worth investing in at the moment ,yes the sources of the power is plentyfull (well in calfornia) but the technology to use it is useless in grey old britain.

and yes i have heard wind towers in devon and they are noisy compared to the background noise that would be their naturally so if you want them bung them all in northumbria where they need something to look at whilst knee deep in bogs.

on a recent program (cant remember when) a typical solar electrical instalation on a house to supply it totally would take 19 years to pay back even if it supplied a portion to the national grid if ofcourse it worked for that long!!

you forget "solar" means sun so how do you provide electric at night ? you use it from the grid unless you store it as i said earlier putting up the cost hugely.

if wind power was any good why isnt france covered by windmills after all it has an almost constant wind in some places?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honist I dont find the ones Off shore at Hern Bay that offensive, And if any thing the fishing has improved in that area, Ive got to balance that against not living there though! One for the floor How about every building from this piont on being equiped with a small wind turbine where Practical and solar panals By law,

There is a turbine no more than 100 yards from my front door, it is hidden behind some trees, it's quite large and is for one house. I don't hear it wissing around. Very rarely i see it motionless, so i would not have a problem with one down the bottom of my garden.

Do you recon the one's off herne bay are now acting as a breeding ground, safe area for the fish stock. If so it can be something positive.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

There is a turbine no more than 100 yards from my front door, it is hidden behind some trees, it's quite large and is for one house. I don't hear it wissing around. Very rarely i see it motionless, so i would not have a problem with one down the bottom of my garden.

Do you recon the one's off herne bay are now acting as a breeding ground, safe area for the fish stock. If so it can be something positive.

I thought that, a bit of structure and impeeding large trawls !

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Just a thought but if they do stick 7000 of these around the coast roughly one every mile (theres about 7500miles of coastline around the uk) then it'll do wonders for the fish stocks because i believe your not allowed to fish within a certain distance of these windmills (not sure what it is)however surely it will also seriously compromise both commercial and recreational fishing as these will not be allowed within the exclusion zones and 7000 of them could make a damn big exclusion zone.

Also the last arcticle i read in focus magzine (about 6-8 months ago)on wind turbines stated that it would take 42,000 of them running 24/7 (which they never do) 365 days of the year to provide all the power required by this country so i'm not sure how much use 7000 would be.

As for not wanting to live close to a nuclear power station you only have to look over the channel to see how close they are, over 75% of frances electricity is generated by nuclear power and these are much closer to us than chernobyl was so really we're living close enough to many nuclear powerstations already(should anything go wrong) so a few new modern ones in the uk i don't think will make any difference

As for the severn estuary barrier as this area is listed as both an area of special scientific interest and a special area of conservation i don't see how building a tidal barrier across it will do anything but damage the environment there.

just some of my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by snakey1

"Reliability of nuke stations is another myth, because of the high danger levels involved in running these units if one of a type develops a fault all of that type automatically have to be shut down, this info has been known for some time. So the more you build on the same design the bigger the problem."

no problem build a few spares ,remember these dont need to be in a fixed position wheres wind towers need wind and water ones need water so chuck a few at the seaside at dungerness and other spots that arent holiday havens etc.as they have no moving parts build the buggers underground in cornwall most of the coast is unusable anyway ,problem solved .

theres plenty of oil and more found all the time so have some oil powered ones as well and ofcourse we have plenty of coal so create a few jobs digging it out and build some coal fired ones as well to boot.

as i said "natural" power isnt worth investing in at the moment ,yes the sources of the power is plentyfull (well in calfornia) but the technology to use it is useless in grey old britain.

and yes i have heard wind towers in devon and they are noisy compared to the background noise that would be their naturally so if you want them bung them all in northumbria where they need something to look at whilst knee deep in bogs.

on a recent program (cant remember when) a typical solar electrical instalation on a house to supply it totally would take 19 years to pay back even if it supplied a portion to the national grid if ofcourse it worked for that long!!

you forget "solar" means sun so how do you provide electric at night ? you use it from the grid unless you store it as i said earlier putting up the cost hugely.

if wind power was any good why isnt france covered by windmills after all it has an almost constant wind in some places?

Hello Chesters,

Underground windturbines ? :unsure:

My BQ every winter for the last couple of years has had solar panals and wind turbines for sale along with storage capacitors,

you can be up and going for three grand

I would be saving after 3 1/2 years, but is it all about the financail side? Or a responcibility to the enviroment something that as outdoors poeple we should already have.

I am having a new roof in a few years time Planing permision permiting I will be geting a turbine and panals.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

yes i have heard wind towers in devon and they are noisy compared to the background noise that would be their naturally so if you want them bung them all in northumbria where they need something to look at whilst knee deep in bogs.

String them all along the motorway network if noise is a serious objection, because I can assure you that they are a hell of a lot quieter than road noise. Supposed noise of offshore windfarms is a nonsence believed only by the nuclear lobby.

I read something which made me think the other day. That was a suggestion that the best way to cut all our energy consumption would be to ban payment of the bills by direct debit. You could go even further and say that the bills must be paid in cash. I know if I had to hand over a huge wad of tenners every quarter it would make me think about improving insulation etc!

Hello Chesters,

Underground windturbines ? :unsure:

My BQ every winter for the last couple of years has had solar panals and wind turbines for sale along with storage capacitors,

you can be up and going for three grand

I would be saving after 3 1/2 years, but is it all about the financail side? Or a responcibility to the enviroment something that as outdoors poeple we should already have.

I am having a new roof in a few years time Planing permision permiting I will be geting a turbine and panals.

your throwing your money away ,if its for power outlay savings youl be paying for far longer (solar heating is fine) if its for "enviromental" issues seeing as the uk only contributes a few % to the overall polution your sacrifice will never be noticed in the scale of things nor would it if everyone generated their own power in the uk ,your being misled by modern snake oil sellers my friend :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Bring 'em on, I love wind turbines. They improve almost any open view.

Needs doing and doing now.

As for nuke - well there's only about 50 years economic supply of Uranium left, and none in the UK, so I just don't see how that can be a good option.

Lets maximise wind, tide, and hydro power. Use more bio-mass schemes (high tec woodburning) photo voltaic, solar hot water etc

But far more important - let's all cut our consumption of electricity. Especially wastefull things like office blocks lit up all night

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Bring 'em on, I love wind turbines. They improve almost any open view.

Needs doing and doing now.

As for nuke - well there's only about 50 years economic supply of Uranium left, and none in the UK, so I just don't see how that can be a good option.

Lets maximise wind, tide, and hydro power. Use more bio-mass schemes (high tec woodburning) photo voltaic, solar hot water etc

But far more important - let's all cut our consumption of electricity. Especially wastefull things like office blocks lit up all night

bio mass you mean burning stuff that otherwise lock up the carbon if left alone? ,cant be carbon neutral never mind carbon negative.

carbon neutrality is a nonsence even the exertion of felling a tree and dragging it home by your own power would produce more carbon dioxide than if it was left standing ,then you burn it :rolleyes:

carbon neutral houses are an impossibility dreampt up by dreamers with little knowledge of material science and physics

Edited by chesters1

It is of course very easy to find anti-nuclear "propaganda" put out by the likes of Greenpeace, but it is actually surprisingly easy to find damning stuff in the nuclear industry's own publications

For example

http://www.neimagazine.com/story.asp?secti...oryCode=2043881

The mind boggles as to how they could leak 83 cubic metres of nitric acid, let alone nitric acid full of dissolved uranium and plutonium, over a period of more than a year before anyone noticed! This in a plant that had only been operating for eleven years in an industry where materials will have to be contained safely for millions of years.

If the Roman Empire had had nuclear power stations, the waste they produced would still be as dangerous as when Caesar put it in storage! A lot has happened in that time. I imagine a lot might also happen in the future.