Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

Quote: wordbender "All because smokers don't want to move a few feet to smoke."

OK wordbender, that has proved that no matter what is said, you aren't going to listen.

That has proved a point!

Wordbender would read in the news about a seventy year old man "moved a few feet" outside the pub for a fag, and died from contracting Pneumonia he would say"good, he shouldn't have been smoking" That's the attitude you are showing the world with that selfish bit of writing!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK wordbender, that has proved that no matter what is said, you aren't going to listen.

That has proved a point!

Wordbender would read in the news about a seventy year old man "moved a few feet" outside the pub for a fag, and died from contracting Pneumonia he would say"good, he shouldn't have been smoking" That's the attitude you are showing the world with that selfish bit of writing!

I would never write such heartless, selfish rubbish, Kleinboet, but you just have - and that certainly reveals more about you than me.

It also reveals your increasing desperation to make a point that doesn't exist. For shame, Kleinboet.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

As a "poor old 70year old" I can only say, that if that were to happen, then he probably got pneumonia because his lungs were weakened from smoking.

One reason I "got wise" and gave it up before it got me.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

"I would never write such heartless, selfish rubbish, Kleinboet, but you just have - and that certainly reveals more about you than me."

BUT YOU DID!!!!

"I would never write such heartless, selfish rubbish, Kleinboet, but you just have - and that certainly reveals more about you than me."

BUT YOU DID!!!!

BUT I DIDN'T!

I would never gloat about an old man dying from pneumonia - fact. To infer I would, as you did when you wrote 'he would say"good, he shouldn't have been smoking", is ignorant and wrong. Shame on you for such a hideous comment about someone you've never met. That is truly disgusting, Kleinboet, and I strongly resent it.

You came up with a fictitious scenario, applied a shameful interpretation of my reaction to it, and you're now claiming it as proof of some point you've lost in the fog of your own making. That you'd claim I would greet the death of someone by saying 'good', is disgraceful.

No more fictitious than your "few paces" THEY HAVE to go outside!! You sit in the inside, and you approve? Would yoe rather not see happy faces all round by having smoking and non-smoking areas/buildings?

No more fictitious than your "few paces" THEY HAVE to go outside!!

Every pub I know of has its smoking facility within a few paces from the door of the bar - fact. That statement is not fictitious at all - unlike your nasty claim that I would regard the death of an old man as 'good'. That you ignore the making of such a gross statement and choose instead to spout yet another untrue one tells me all I need to know about you.

I don't think anybody has yet mentioned the huge savings that the vast majority of pubs will have made by not having to clear up all the mess that smokers make. No more ruined carpets, no more clearing fag ends up from floors, tables, plant pots, etc and no more retriving urine soaked fag ends from the urinals. The only pubs that wouldn't benefit from this would be the ones that didn't clean up in the first place, so they wouldn't be saving any money. There's a pub near me that still has its filthy, nicotine stained curtains hanging in the window. They could cut them up into little squares and sell them as nicotine patches.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I have just got back from having a good lunch at the pub and it would appear that since there is no danger to the little angels, children are allowed to accompany their parents. I will just say the pub was noisy!

There were people there complaining about the fact that they "couldn't sit outside" because all the smokers "had moved a few feet to smoke and were taking up THEIR seats out side the pub!

Comments?

Wordbender, the fact is that whether you like it or not, that scenario WILL happen if things are left as they are!! So you are, in fact, condoning that happening with your blinkered outlook!

I am a non-smoker, so why am I fighting for them? Because I belong to another minority - the disabled! I will NOT have smokers being treated the way disabled people are treated-FULL STOP!!

The only thing that a smoker is asking for is that there CAN be smoking areas INSIDE a building, or at BEST separate facilities for smokers and non-smokers! Yet with your attitude, wordbender, you REFUSE to have it and that's that!!