flasks

bingbong

I've completely done away with flasks and bought a superb little device called a 'Jetboil'

O.K you've got to carry a bottle of water too,but freshly brewed,hot tea whilst winter piking.......Luxury!

Jeff

I've got a Kelly Kettle, and the same applies.

However, the downside is the amount of time you need to stop fishing to attend to it - but its always there in the car if I run out of flasks.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly Kettles are great, but I don't like the idea of having to carry a lot of water around as it's pretty heavy. However, there's nothing to beat a fresh cuppa made from a smoking Kelly :)

I've got a stainless thermos with a 'pop open' top (rather than an unscrewing one) and this keeps hot drinks hot all day and into dark, plus it's robust enough to take a bit of punishment. Well worth the money. I think it came from a camping shop (it was a present).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Kelly Kettles are great, but I don't like the idea of having to carry a lot of water around as it's pretty heavy.

Heavier than it would be if it was in a flask?

Sorry.

I use the two small flasks technique. The unopened flask definitely keeps hotter and you don't seem to get so much of that "flask taste", so maybe that's caused by the air as well.

OI OI,

I use stainless steel brilliant but i also use coffee mate in stead of milk & a thermo mug last's for ages & it's bloody hot.

:o:o:o:o

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Stainless thermos flasks are brilliant, I always use one of these for work, keeps hot for about 16 hours. Still warm long after.

Best advice would be to buy a proper stainless "thermos" flask. They last for ever too, I have two of these both two litres one of them now resembles an egg it has been dropped that many times and it still does the job perfectly. :D

definately have to be the same for me, the stainless steel thermos flask keeps my coffee hot 4 up to 14 hours whilst fishing on a cold day

I use an stainless steel(unbreakable flask),and always(pre heat it) fill it with boiling water screw the lid on and leave until kettle has reboiled.I then empty the flask and fill with fresh boiling water from kettle.

I take the milk in a separate small plastic bottle,and coffee and sugar in small seal up bags.

I've got a Kelly Kettle, and the same applies.

However, the downside is the amount of time you need to stop fishing to attend to it - but its always there in the car if I run out of flasks.

I agree Kelly kettles are the only way for a really fresh cup of tea; I can not wait for part II of the Kelly kettle lighting workshop at the AN Wobblethon. I hope Chavender is still up for it. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Like a few others on here I use two 1 ltr stainless steel flasks, both containing tea, and I take the milk and sugar separate. Always let the flasks stand with freshly boiled water in them before final filling with tea, or on odd occasions coffee, have to take sugar separate cus my lads will only have tea or coffee with milk and sugar, only have milk sooooo.

If poss I try to take the old Kelly but not everywhere will allow them to be used, some places class them as open fire and so are banned under the water rules.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

stainless is useless i have broken two "unbreakable" stainless ones and the mrs has broken one ,at least with glass its properly insulated and far cheaper to replace the inner than fork out a fortune for a complete 1.8ltr stainless one (if you can find them).

if you know its glass then you treat it better than stainless ones and it lasts longer ,got 2 1.8ltr glass ones weve had for ten years or more and only one replacement inner

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson