New Newcastle Manager

Elton

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oc...d.premierleague

***Warning*** Article contains COPIOUS amounts of swearing!

Yep, lots, lots, lots and lots of that, and only two short phrases about football. (How's the training? Fine. Glad to be back? Yes)

On that evidence I wouldn't appoint this guy to manage a whelk stall, let alone a multi-million pound football club.

Although not a Geordie, I've always had a soft spot for NUFC, and its a shame to see them in this state.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a brief bit of it this morning on radio 4. I wonder if, having removed the bleeps, you'd had actiually had a complete sentence left.

Mind you, the language aside, he did have a point. Apart frommartin Samuels in the Times, I'm not sure I've read many journalists who know what they'retalking about when it comes to football!

Mind you, I know b@gger all, about it either - it's why I support Gillingham!

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Now that has to be one of the funniest interviews by a football manager ever !

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Although that said, old Jose Mourinho appears to still have it :-

Jose Mourinho offered to let a lively Italian reporter the chance to select the Inter team for their Champions League game against Werder Bremen on Wednesday.

"I would if you gave me part of the nine million euros you earn," said the scribe."

Mourinho shot back: "It's not 9, it's 11 and with sponsors it comes to 14."

:1a: :1a: :1a:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Now that has to be one of the funniest interviews by a football manager ever !

A reporter once asked Gordon Strachan if he could have a quick word: "Velocity" he said, and walked off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20767205/

neil warnocks rant is quite funny and the orient manager is even better.plus it has good old kev keegans verbal tirade over ferguson. i love it.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Sir Bobby Robson had this to say:

Former Toon manager Sir Bobby Robson said Joe Kinnear did himself ... of his team ... any favours by ranting and raving at the media conference last week.

Sir Bobby Robson: "I was staggered about what went on between Joe and the Press this week, with his 52 swear words and personal insults. Some people have suggested Joe's outrage was all an act to build a siege mentality. I think the anger was genuine, but he needs to be bigger than that. I found it all a bit unsavoury and in my view he let the club down. If he hoped the confrontation would motivate his players, I'm not sure it will work. Senior professionals like Shay Given, Damien Duff and Michael Owen aren't suddenly going to become inspired by their manager swearing at some reporters. To them it's irrelevant. They want a proper manager who will do things right to win matches. If Joe wants to work wonders, it will be achieved with time on the training pitch, not in the press room. Although the media are an easy target and a minority may be glad to see a reporter or two get their comeuppance, Newcastle fans aren't daft. They will respect Kinnear only for his results, not for picking fights. If you look at Newcastle's most successful managers of recent times - Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish and myself - you couldn't imagine us being foul-mouthed in a Press conference."

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.