Grayling

Jolanta Zofia Nowak

Ok, here's a toughie for you.

Yes, this is a crossover species between coarse and fly fishing, I know. Yes, it tends to be confined to ridiculously priced/syndicated fly fishing chalk streams.

BUT

Has anyone caught one elsewhere? Are there anyrecognised spots where they can be had by your average angler?

It's my aim next season to catch as wide a variety of species as possible and I'd love to have this one on the list.

Yes, this is a crossover species between coarse and fly fishing, I know. Yes, it tends to be confined to ridiculously priced/syndicated fly fishing chalk streams.

BUT

Has anyone caught one elsewhere? Are there anyrecognised spots where they can be had by your average angler?

It's my aim next season to catch as wide a variety of species as possible and I'd love to have this one on the list.

I'm pretty new to Grayling fishing myself having only caught my first ever in 2007 after travelling up north to the River Eaden to do so.

I've since found out that you can catch Grayling In many places across the country.

BUT

If you tell us what area your in, then someone will be able to help.

I'm Yorkshire based, so I couldn't help much if you wanted waters in the South.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

We often have Grayling fish-ins down south...even I've caught a few, so they're now known as mug-fish :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I know a few places down south...

So do I - free as well! I can think of at least 4 venues with grayling on 3 southern chalk streams which have free fishing. (Had fish to 2lb 3oz from one of them as well!)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

The river dove in Burton-Upon-Trent has loads. I'm not the best at trotting but if you can get passed the minows then there are stretches where in the summer grayling are rising constantly even around your feet if you're standing in the water. It's not a chalk stream either, it also has 5lb+ chub and 15lb barbel.

Errrm

the derbyshire derwent & dove both have graylng ,the derwent is more accessable as the dove is mostley members only club sections.

you can catch grayling from derby to matlock ,theres a few dayticket waters along the way.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve