Sharia law in UK?

*Ant*

Guest Brumagem Phil

No bullets at the topic from me medway, and am quite happy to discuss all issues.

What irks me is how a certain couple of members offer next to nothing to this site these days apart from inflammatory news articles about our brothers of a different faith. Thats aimed not at the topic under discussion but certain posters here.

Oh............define ENGLAND or ENGLISH for me please?!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No bullets at the topic from me medway, and am quite happy to discuss all issues.

What irks me is how a certain couple of members offer next to nothing to this site these days apart from inflammatory news articles about our brothers of a different faith. Thats aimed not at the topic under discussion but certain posters here.

Phil,

I respect the reply you have made, however you should not i believe allow your prejudice of certain other members to influence your responses and yes i should often take my own advise :D . You do on a regular basis take the opposite position and one which you feel is on the morale high ground.

As for define England or English, well if anyone needs to do that for you then you definitely are not an Englishman.

My reason for saying that is it is something that is in your very being, your blood, your soul the very fabric of your existence, the one thing that will always be with you, always be a part of you and the one thing above all others that you would be most proud to declare to everyone.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

A person who is willing to abide by ENGLISH law.....

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

As I understand the thread we are being extremely critical of head of the Anglican Church wanting to corrupt our law system, which is not acceptable and certainly falls well outside his remit.

He happen to pick on a law system which is applied to some of your brothers but would have got the same response if it had been the EU, to be quite blunt he should keep his nose out of things which he obviously knows little about, and this has been stated by his own synod who want him to resign.

However, at least two General Synod members have called for Dr Rowan Williams to resign following the row

And there is little wrong with this statement either:

Alison Ruoff, a Synod member from London, said: "Many people, huge numbers of people, would be greatly relieved [if he resigned] because he sits on the fence over all sorts of things and we need strong, Christian, biblical leadership right now, as opposed to somebody who huffs and puffs around and vacillates from one thing to another

Or this:

"He's a very able, a brilliant scholar as a man but in terms of being a leader of the Christian community I think he's actually at the moment a disaster."

Mind you I would not describe him as a brilliant scholar, more of a parrot taught idiot with no practical ideas about life having lived in a cocoon, me thinks he should have been exposed to a few bullets of life some where along the line.

And this mob are as daft as him

The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) said it was grateful for the Archbishop's "thoughtful intervention" on the discussion of the place of Islam and Muslims in modern Britain.

They can pray to who they like the same as the man we are talking about, but stay well away from our law system and culture. If they don't like our way of life then go some where they can enjoy themselves and be happy.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

A person who is willing to abide by ENGLISH law.....

Come on mate British Law :lol: !

I think you Just managed to get a wiggle out of every Welsh person reading this Let alone the north of Ireland,,

Just to realy put the cat amoungst the Pigeons, I believe Scotland,Isle of man and the Chanal Islands have thier own Judicary and Law. Im not Certain so please feel free to correct me. so we are not all playing on a leval field any way are we?

But before you jump on me Guys and Gals I dont agree that Sharia law should play any part in our main stream, but I have no real problems with Muslims useing it to arbitrate petty sqaubbles at the Mosque.

Some one mentioned Multiple Marrage Well if four women women want to share one chap thats not illeagal per say ! only one of them however would be a wife and enter into the civil partnership that is marrage in Britain

the others may feel married in the eyes of thier faith but would in fact just be mistrisess in any subseqaunt Divorce proceeding in a British court. Bigomy as I understand it only happens if The civil part of the ceromany is repeated.

So it could be argued that sharia Law exercised within the constraints of Brithish law should not be that problematic.

But you have only got to look at the way oppinions become polerised so qiukley in these maters that it would never work.

I quite like being a wooley headed Leftie on the whole, being one lets me enjoy the hospitalty and sometimes the wisdom of a lot of other cultures and also patiance when someone does not get our way right the first time around, I struggle to understand poeple of a Right wing persuasion who would condem For instance the barbaric nature of some Sharia Law (and god knows some of it is barbaric ) but then demand the birch for petty thieves and the Noose for Murderers. :rolleyes:

This is good thread Guys Try not to get it closed buy personal attacks on one another :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Come on mate British Law :lol: !

I think you Just managed to get a wiggle out of every Welsh person reading this Let alone the north of Ireland,,

Just to realy put the cat amoungst the Pigeons, I believe Scotland,Isle of man and the Chanal Islands have thier own Judicary and Law. Im not Certain so please feel free to correct me. so we are not all playing on a leval field any way are we?

But before you jump on me Guys and Gals I dont agree that Sharia law should play any part in our main stream, but I have no real problems with Muslims useing it to arbitrate petty sqaubbles at the Mosque.

Some one mentioned Multiple Marrage Well if four women women want to share one chap thats not illeagal per say ! only one of them however would be a wife and enter into the civil partnership that is marrage in Britain

the others may feel married in the eyes of thier faith but would in fact just be mistrisess in any subseqaunt Divorce proceeding in a British court. Bigomy as I understand it only happens if The civil part of the ceromany is repeated.

So it could be argued that sharia Law exercised within the constraints of Brithish law should not be that problematic.

But you have only got to look at the way oppinions become polerised so qiukley in these maters that it would never work.

I quite like being a wooley headed Leftie on the whole, being one lets me enjoy the hospitalty and sometimes the wisdom of a lot of other cultures and also patiance when someone does not get our way right the first time around, I struggle to understand poeple of a Right wing persuasion who would condem For instance the barbaric nature of some Sharia Law (and god knows some of it is barbaric ) but then demand the birch for petty thieves and the Noose for Murderers. :rolleyes:

This is good thread Guys Try not to get it closed buy personal attacks on one another :D

Hi FB,

What happens in a mosque has very little to do with law, I could sit down and decide on an issue with you and we could arrive at an amicable closure but that would have nothing to do with the law of the land.

You are quite right about Scottish law etc, they do have their own systems which are based on the fundamentals of British Law but this has little to do with our good friends comments.

I have just spent a couple of days in hospital having an oil change and in the bed opposite was a very prominent solicitor.

This matter came up and as he said Sharia Law challenges the very basis of British law, British Law is decided by the government of the day and the House of Lords, the church can like us all express an opinion on a law but have no hand in implementing it.

Sharia Law is based on the Koran and like any religious book it is open to differing interpretations and does vary widely from country to country and Imam to Imam, there is no separate book of law only the Koran.

I find it very hard to comprehend how an elected head of the Anglican Church can wish to embroil the Koran or any part of it into British Law.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I don't know how racism or bigotry can be brought into this debate, the proposal even puzzles large sections of the Muslim community.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7235615.stm

As one Muslim says on there says

"

There are so many different sects in Islam, which version of Sharia Law are we going to have?" he said.

"If we introduce some sort of Sharia Law in this country and if it clashes with the British legal system, how do we resolve that issue? The British legal system, for me, already addresses most of the things that are in Sharia."

Her friend Maria Ahmad told me: "We are striving for integration but I'm worrying that something like this will breed division rather than integration."

The Archbishop has completely misjudged the reaction to his proposal, either through naivety, or misinformation. Like most academics who are out of touch with the 'real' world, he can't tell the difference between discussing a topic over dinner, and making a same proposal in a public speech.

I think it's time that leaders of all religions, stepped back from politics and ministered to the 'spiritual needs' of their followers. But that would diminish any power they hold, and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I was offering plenty to this site long before you turned up, the reason I don't these days is because in my eyes the site began to resemble a George Galloway fanclub - a few bully boys on their pedestals thinking anyone who didn't agree with their far left views and had an opinion of their own was beneath them and all to ready to label people racists or bigots.

I still have good friends on here, some that I have met and some that I havn't and still look in even though I don't post much.

If that irks you Phil then tuff titties, my views and opinions are just as strong as yours and I will not let a few bullies that like to use offensive words like "racist" stop me airing my views.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Phil,

I respect the reply you have made, however you should not i believe allow your prejudice of certain other members to influence your responses and yes i should often take my own advise :D . You do on a regular basis take the opposite position and one which you feel is on the morale high ground.

As for define England or English, well if anyone needs to do that for you then you definitely are not an Englishman.

My reason for saying that is it is something that is in your very being, your blood, your soul the very fabric of your existence, the one thing that will always be with you, always be a part of you and the one thing above all others that you would be most proud to declare to everyone.

Medway, my prejudice is based wholly on their actions here. Everytime there is a divisive news strory about Islam, a certain poster wops it on here for discussion. I just don't consider that reasonable behaviour thats all. I have no other beef with the poster and have discussed fishing issues with him on many other occasions.

His reply (above mine) unfortunately does nothing to allay my fears about his motives behind posting.

As for your definition of being an Englishman.........I have a good old fashioned yorkshire surname and as far back as I'm aware, I'm as anglo saxon as they come. Interesting that somehow thats not quite good enough to make me english in your eyes. The BNP on the other hand imply that thats ALL thats needed to be English. I might disagree with you about my englishness, but I do on the whole prefer your overall angle of it to theirs.