JUST HAD THE TV PEOPLE ON THE PHONE

big_cod

This is what i find difficult to understand, What is it that the rsa needs resticting on compared with other fishing sectors. What is it that the rsa gets upto that is a detriment to the stock or even a hinderance to others and needs to be accountable for in any event. Why try to restrict or deminish some thing that ain't a problem, who in their right mind wants to pay additional costs for something that is not required. What sort of bylaws do the rsa need to make it an ideal? What do the rsa need to be accountable to the committee for.

Exactly Barry that is why I am convinced that a very large part of this whole licence issue is purely down to providing beauracratic employment and job security to the agencys involved.Believe me I know lads that work for the likes of the environment agency and it is a licence to print money being in those jobs they just look towards their pension and eat their butties!

It is a proven no-brainer that fish stocks will not be affected either way and that tax revenue raised through angling will actually fall due to loss of vat and cash injections into local economys.

Good Luck to Big_Cod in his media efforts.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barry,

ok lets put it this way, in our district alone we had applicants for in access of 4000 pots to be used by recreational shell fishermen. That’s 10 pots per boat. Allowable catch of two lobsters per day per licence.

The amount of lobsters that they (recreational fishermen) take is small compared to what the fulltime commercial licence holders take.

But they are accountable, they work under by-laws that have been put in place to preserve there fishery as much as the fulltime fishery of there commercial partners they have input and influence on there fishery because of there accountability.

our under ten meter commercial boats fishing for cod have to work to stringent quotas, days at sea etc while our recreational anglers who catch much more cod than the commercial fleet (under tens) are allowed to go to sea without any accountability to anybody.

They can catch as much as they want and go whenever they want and the people who take these unrestricted anglers to sea can make as much money from it as they want.

I personally don’t think that restricting what recreational anglers take from the sea would make much if any difference to fish stocks.

But then again I haven’t been the one who has been slating and criticizing commercial fishermen off at every given opportunity for years.

Regards.

Hi Challenge,

Ok, so now there is a situation that 400 hobby potters have applied for a restricted licence to take two lobsters per day max, and the commercial sector loads. That is left a bit one sided where the stock is not devided fairly. This is on the backs of the thieves who have been portrayed to be hobby fishermen, when infact they were selling into the commercial market. The powers at the time should have spent time nicking the thieves, how many convictions for illegal lobstering was there? Can you answer that one for me. Instead of putting a blanket restriction on the innocent.

The rsa catch more cod than the under tens at the mo is irrelevant as you say. At present the under tens are restricted in the catch for obvious reasons, as you state the rsa will not make a dent in the stock in any event, if commercially there was no restriction, it don't bear thinking about, do you agree?

These guys who make as much money as they want taking the unrestricted to sea, what's that about?

What is this slating and criticising the commercial that you keep mentioning (we have spoken about that in the past) at every opportunity got to do with restricting the rsa?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

This is what i find difficult to understand, What is it that the rsa needs resticting on compared with other fishing sectors. What is it that the rsa gets upto that is a detriment to the stock or even a hinderance to others and needs to be accountable for in any event. Why try to restrict or deminish some thing that ain't a problem, who in their right mind wants to pay additional costs for something that is not required. What sort of bylaws do the rsa need to make it an ideal? What do the rsa need to be accountable to the committee for.

You are bang on barry what threat do anglers have on anybody there aint non its just jobs for the boys trying to get more revenue into the coffers if i am not mistaken defra are in a bit of a tiss with blue tongue thing and a few other problems defra are underfunded anglers seem a soft target to get more cash if they can get away with it i think when they have there meeting in scarborough on the 10th march they will be in for a shock they will feel just what real anglers really feel about this licence .

regards

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi big cod

QUOTE/ peoples freedom being taken away

They took the commercials freedom away with a licence, why should anglers be exempt.

steve

If i am not mistaken steve commercial fishermen were in favour of being licenced but what has happened over the years with licences and quotas it has all backfired greedy so called fishermen leasing quota at ridiculas prices to other fishermen slipper skippers as they are called the whole thing stinks now if we got a licence of defra angling would go the same way as what commercial fishermen are now suffering once we get a licence we are all doomed that is for sure.

Untitled-1.jpg

Exactly Barry that is why I am convinced that a very large part of this whole licence issue is purely down to providing beauracratic employment and job security to the agencys involved.Believe me I know lads that work for the likes of the environment agency and it is a licence to print money being in those jobs they just look towards their pension and eat their butties!

It is a proven no-brainer that fish stocks will not be affected either way and that tax revenue raised through angling will actually fall due to loss of vat and cash injections into local economys.

Good Luck to Big_Cod in his media efforts.

Howard how you doing matey the vat thing will be massive but the penny hasnt dropped yet i got a phone call of bbc radio tees this morning wanting an interview on sea angling licence this angling licence is turning into a big thing the guy who interviewed me said why do defra think anglers are threat to fish stocks i did say somebody has been telling them some really big porkys it was mentioned about the portugal licence disaster and what could happen here so the guy had done his homework he did say and i quote that a licence would be a tax on angling he took the words right out of my mouth as he said anglers pose no threat to fish stocks and defra do need to be reminded.

Untitled-1.jpg

Yep the inshore fisheries working group. Not helped by Defra's Science advisory group. The NFSA and SACN have a lot to answer for.

Please enlighten us regarding the rsa decimation as reported by the guys you mention Glenn. What have they been saying and doing.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just over 1 hour ago i had tyne tees television on the phone enquireing about a sea angling rod licence in no certain terms were they told what the implacations of rod licence will have on sea angling they were also told about defras meeting with anglers in the northeast in next few weeks they are ringing back for an interview on the subject.

i would agree entirely with those that advise caution when dealing with the uk media.

whenever i have to do anything with uk media i record all conversations, and make NO off record comments.

the tape is already running when they arrive, and is turned off after they go.

the uk written media(some people call them newspapers) are the worst, of any media i have ever dealt with. although filmed interviews are cut to get the story,that the company wants..........

(you remember they even distorted that interview with the queen of england?)

+++++++++++record it+++++++++++++++++++ :)

Guest challenge

Hi Barry.

There always has been a blanket restriction on recreational shell fishermen, new restrictions on there accountability have been put in place to try and stop any infringements taking place regarding these restrictions.

We also hope to introduce a catch reporting system (on a voluntary basis to start with) where recreational shell fishermen report in there daily catches and area’s fished etc the same as the commercial lads do.

These in the long term can only help the tracking and recording of stocks.

Accountability of shareholders and information gained by a simple licence and tagging scheme.

An increase in applications for this year than last is very encouraging. A positive response from this recreational sector has been very encouraging for future development of the said fishery.

As for figures on enforcement prosecutions, I would say that prior to the new by-laws involving recreational shell fishermen having to have a restricted shellfish licence that on a percentage of convictions in relation to gear in the sea that the hobby fishermen as you like to call them certainly had more convictions brought against them than the full time commercial boys did. That being one of the reasons that a licensing and tagging system was introduced.

Big cod.

Paul lets get one thing striate here, I don’t want to see people have to pay for a licence to go fishing.

I do believe that a licensing system could be beneficial to rsa in the same way as licensing has become and will be for the recreational shell fisherman.

the only recreational shell fishermen who wont benefit from it are the ones who will find it much harder to avoid enforcement because of the rules on the accountability of themselves and there gear that has been brought in to help with the enforcement.

Glen

The loudest voice that defra can here is the silence from the recreational sector when it comes to accountability.

You can point your fingers at the NFSA or SCAN or advisory group’s glen, but to be honest these are not the people who have **** off the accountable fishermen in this country and certainly not in this part of the world. It’s much closer to home than that.

Regards.

-

So, for once, Challenge, I think you are dead right with your statements above and I, for my part, shall continue to draw attention to the unacceptable problems caused by trawling the sea bed, leaving unattended gill and tangle nets and the dreadful 'discard' catastrophes caused by so-called mixed fishery techniques.

<_<

And there will be some who will add unacceptable problems caused by unrestricted angling practises to that list.

I fish to live and live to fish.