JUST HAD THE TV PEOPLE ON THE PHONE

big_cod

Just over 1 hour ago i had tyne tees television on the phone enquireing about a sea angling rod licence in no certain terms were they told what the implacations of rod licence will have on sea angling they were also told about defras meeting with anglers in the northeast in next few weeks they are ringing back for an interview on the subject.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just over 1 hour ago i had tyne tees television on the phone enquireing about a sea angling rod licence in no certain terms were they told what the impacations of rod licence will have on sea angling they were also told about defras meeting with anglers in the northeast in next few weeks they are ringing back for an interview on the subject.

Good or bad, right or wrong, this one issue has started to push RSA up the media pecking order.

These people are able to get accross to the general public the very significant contribution RSA makes to local economies. It may well galvanise other trade members who otherwise feel that their time would be wasted, to get involved more.

We had a cherter skipper and tackle shop owner on the news down here in the West Country a week or so ago, so the message is getting out far better than this forum or the NFSA could ever dream of.

And all for free (well at the moment)

Ryford

Good or bad, right or wrong, this one issue has started to push RSA up the media pecking order.

These people are able to get accross to the general public the very significant contribution RSA makes to local economies. It may well galvanise other trade members who otherwise feel that their time would be wasted, to get involved more.

We had a cherter skipper and tackle shop owner on the news down here in the West Country a week or so ago, so the message is getting out far better than this forum or the NFSA could ever dream of.

And all for free (well at the moment)

Ryford

You are right ryford the media are intersested this is a big issue a lot is at stake here peoples freedom being taken away and for what nothing this licence thing will be fought tooth and nail there isnt a lot left in the uk what is free and it will be a very sad day when a licence to fish into the sea comes into force and those who embezled the idea in the first place should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

You are right ryford the media are intersested this is a big issue a lot is at stake here peoples freedom being taken away and for what nothing this licence thing will be fought tooth and nail there isnt a lot left in the uk what is free and it will be a very sad day when a licence to fish into the sea comes into force and those who embesled the idea in the first place should be ashamed of themselves.

Hi big cod

QUOTE/ peoples freedom being taken away

They took the commercials freedom away with a licence, why should anglers be exempt.

steve

Hi big_cod

Just a word of caution for you.

Be very careful what you say. The media are in general a slippery bunch who can twist what you say to fit what they want you to say.

Try to keep any answers relatively brief and above all try to ensure that they are not open to another interpretation from the one you want placed on it.

They always have an agenda, and it will not necessarily be what the try and tell you it is.

Do not trust them an inch.

Do that and you should have no problems.

Enjoy!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Sound advice from Nick there. You've already come unstuck with the press miss quoting you once Paul, don't let them do it again. Ask for a list of any questions they are going to ask you prior to the interview and think hard about your answers before you give them.

Better still if its an off camera interview - ie over the phone. Ask if you can make response via email email. It will give you time to think over your answers and make sure you get your points across.

Edited by glennk

Guest challenge
You are right ryford the media are intersested this is a big issue a lot is at stake here peoples freedom being taken away and for what nothing this licence thing will be fought tooth and nail there isnt a lot left in the uk what is free and it will be a very sad day when a licence to fish into the sea comes into force and those who embesled the idea in the first place should be ashamed of themselves.

Hi Paul, good luck with your interview.

You talk about the licence fee more than you do the licence? Would you find it acceptable to be licensed the same as recreational shell fishermen are in these parts? They having to hold a licence (that is free of charge) but to fish under local by-laws and be accountable to the district committee whom distribute the said licence and enforce the by-laws on which it is distributed?

Regards.

Hi Paul, good luck with your interview.

You talk about the licence fee more than you do the licence? Would you find it acceptable to be licensed the same as recreational shell fishermen are in these parts? They having to hold a licence (that is free of charge) but to fish under local by-laws and be accountable to the district committee whom distribute the said licence and enforce the by-laws on which it is distributed?

Regards.

This is what i find difficult to understand, What is it that the rsa needs resticting on compared with other fishing sectors. What is it that the rsa gets upto that is a detriment to the stock or even a hinderance to others and needs to be accountable for in any event. Why try to restrict or deminish some thing that ain't a problem, who in their right mind wants to pay additional costs for something that is not required. What sort of bylaws do the rsa need to make it an ideal? What do the rsa need to be accountable to the committee for.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
This is what i find difficult to understand, What is it that the rsa needs resticting on compared with other fishing sectors. What is it that the rsa gets upto that is a detriment to the stock or even a hinderance to others and needs to be accountable for in any event. Why try to restrict or deminish some thing that ain't a problem, who in their right mind wants to pay additional costs for something that is not required. What sort of bylaws do the rsa need to make it an ideal? What do the rsa need to be accountable to the committee for.

Hi Barry,

ok lets put it this way, in our district alone we had applicants for in access of 4000 pots to be used by recreational shell fishermen. That’s 10 pots per boat. Allowable catch of two lobsters per day per licence.

The amount of lobsters that they (recreational fishermen) take is small compared to what the fulltime commercial licence holders take.

But they are accountable, they work under by-laws that have been put in place to preserve there fishery as much as the fulltime fishery of there commercial partners they have input and influence on there fishery because of there accountability.

our under ten meter commercial boats fishing for cod have to work to stringent quotas, days at sea etc while our recreational anglers who catch much more cod than the commercial fleet (under tens) are allowed to go to sea without any accountability to anybody.

They can catch as much as they want and go whenever they want and the people who take these unrestricted anglers to sea can make as much money from it as they want.

I personally don’t think that restricting what recreational anglers take from the sea would make much if any difference to fish stocks.

But then again I haven’t been the one who has been slating and criticizing commercial fishermen off at every given opportunity for years.

Regards.

I personally don’t think that restricting what recreational anglers take from the sea would make much if any difference to fish stocks.

But then again I haven’t been the one who has been slating and criticizing commercial fishermen off at every given opportunity for years.

- Challenge

I think you've made two important points there; quite possibly without meaning to.

Your perceived problems about some NE recreational sector seems a bit wayward to me, probably because it is one area I've not fished. I do think the figures that have been quoted regarding recreational anglers' 'take' are very much conjecture and I can assure you does not apply to all parts of the UK.

On charter angling boats in the Solent, I'd be surprised if more than 20% is retained and only a tiny fraction of that could be called recreational angling 'black fish'. Personally all my fish go back bar the odd (very infrequent) cod, larger whiting and one or two bream. I fished a lot of charters and private boat trips last year and the only fish I kept were 3 bream from one trip. I don't know all the other anglers on each boat I fished on, but 95% of smoothhounds, rays, and other quality fish are returned.

So, for once, Challenge, I think you are dead right with your statements above and I, for my part, shall continue to draw attention to the unacceptable problems caused by trawling the sea bed, leaving unattended gill and tangle nets and the dreadful 'discard' catastrophes caused by so-called mixed fishery techniques.

<_<