MONKEYS

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Cheers Kenny. I've tried elliot a couple of times but i think my castings not up to it- i can't reach those kelpie rocks that show up. Im thinking cod again.... slams head on desk. What should i do for bass?

Been to Arbroath harbour a couple of times this month and blanked! not used to that.... but the weather has been so weird. Out in my tee shirt today and the seas still calm. weird.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaffa:

My PB list is very poor.

8lb cod, never weighed most the rest.

Most proud of the 2lb brownie i took from a tiny stream when i was a kid (now "developed" so nothing like it used to be :( ) , the 5lb seatrout from the ferry terminal to whalsay (shetland).

No desire to fish for sharks, skate etc; no disrespect to those that do but I want a 10lb iodine red rock cod :D

Any kind of bass would be a Pb and i'd love to catch one.

Get you double figure Bass If you care fella :P:P

A 3lb is a big fish for the east coast of Scotland - most are sub 2lb schoolies.

The wind has moved southerly so there should be a better colour in the water tommorrow night - though the harbour and Ballys won't fish until late on due to the tide. If you were to go fishing tommorrow night try Easthaven or Carnoustie - there were a few fish taken there a few weeks ago in similar conditions. When the winds westerley theres a far better chance of fish from the deeper water marks up nearer Aberdeen - though I would not try these marks fishing alone!.

Nearly all topics here are about angling, and the banter that is in among it is great ... topics evolve in different directions, but can easily be put back on track if needed.

I dont think any poster apart from the owner has a right to dictate what people end up chatting about on the forum - as long as its not stuff that does not belong on any kind of forum. With the sea anglng scene pretty quiet in a number of places just now, I for one enjoy the daily banter, and am sure many others do also - am sure there will be more and more angling talk as months go on and spring/summer arrives.

You could always put in a posting "real anglers need only respond". - be interesting to see responses you get. Though everyone is here at the site as they are into angling no matter how much or little they do it ... no one is forcing you to read posts full of banter.

On sea angling, never caught a Bass ... have never fished for them.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Today was a beautiful day for fishing and where was I, stuck indoors with a stinking cold trying to set up Sage Accounting. :mad:

Life could not get much worse. :(

Sorry about the banter Benny :D

PS I could do with a good fishing yarn if nothing else :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

bennyTHEBASS:

THE way i see it (a lot of you)not the real anglers of course, could not catch a cold. coz you like talkin crap... if you talkin crap u not on the beach/rock catchin fish!!!Take the p**s if you like but when did YOU last catch a personal best?????????????EH??

I think someone is ****** because he cant get to Srabster :D:D:D:D

Here I caught my PB Ling And Coalie for this year, while out last weekend .. does that make me a "real angler" then?????

BTW Benny there is only 1 person that can dictate what is posted on here and that is the owner, Elton.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Thanks for the tips Kenny :) , grey skies and weather moving in as I type, most excellent :D

Any 1lb schoolie i catch WILL be 3lb by the time it gets to AN

BTW do you know of anyone who has tried between the Barry Burn and the Buddon range? Only asking because i've seen shellfish driven up in that small bay before. Nae luck myself there mind you.... Also seen baitfish jumping there at high tide in the summer; i was guessing sea trout, but maybe bass?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Keep up the chat, it's far more interesting.

Good anglers don't need to talk about catching fish, they just go out and do it.

Bit like sex i think, those that spend a lot of time talking about it, never get it..lol.