MONKEYS

Guest bennyTHEBASS

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw the title for this thread, I thought someone had thought up a new bait for the shore caught porgie attempt!

I like the banter on here. I also like the fact that people do genuinely swap ideas, information, know-how on this forum, but have a laugh while they're doing it.

I can't quite understand why it's necessary to post a thread which, IMHO, is pretty insulting not only to those who use the site, but also those that run, maintain and moderate the site. I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their view, but there is a way of going about saying it.

It strikes me that the fishing may be slightly slower at this time of year. People are perhaps gearing themselves up for the spring run of cod (any time now?? :rolleyes: ) and so more of the posts being banter related may actually just reflect the fact that the fishing aint that productive/ a bit slower at this time of year? To be honest, I'm new to this sea fishing lark, so I don't know if that is an accurate assessment or not. No doubt when we're all filling our boots with fish in a week or so's time, there will be many more posts.

That said, I think it's a bit out of order to call anyone on this forum a "MONKEY" for a bit of friendly chit-chat.

Use this resource how you like, but respect the fact that this forum has been here for a good length of time now, it is well liked by all that use it (no doubt because of its friendly feel), those that created the site have invested heaven only knows how much time, effort and money in getting the 'feel' of the site right. The sheer numbers that post here show that they like the format - those that don't like it have a choice - try to find another forum that caters for your personal preference, or just accept that everyone gets different things from a forum.

[Rant over.] [Relax.]

And just to add a bit on fishing - I haven't managed to get out for about 8-10 weeks now. Frustration isn't the word, but my better half and our little 'un are off to the Outlaws, so I'm booking 17th & 18th off work. Haven't decided where to fish yet (anywhere between Sizewell to Bawdsey) but I might well fish from 9am on the Thursday through to 9am on the Friday. Never had a true night fishing trip before, so I'll be needing clean, clean ground. How much bait will I need for 2 rods for a 24 hour session??!!! :D:D

Anyhew - monkeys might be good porgie bait? As a surface popper - "walking the monkey"? :D

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

im in a similar predicament to westie havent fished for 12 weeks and have been struggling for enthusiasm.hopefully going soon but i think its a bit rich too label people as monkeys.anglersnet is a great site,you can have the proverbial **** taken out of you if you leave an open statement but the amount of info we get is invaluble.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

hey, i don't think i would post if it was a boring sensible questions only site :(

i love this place for what it is and the people in it.... though my opinion of *some* leave a lot to be desired

Jaffa - check out www.ballerinawearfor dancinspidermonkeys.com

Its got the lot. :D

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

A pigtailed macaque could get the scent/vibration levels right for a porgie.

And look - given the title of this thread, no-one can have a go at me for going off thread. This is serious stuff. I'm investigating all things simian/angling related now.

Westie.

Visit My Photo Gallery