Camo reel (Okuma)

WickerDave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit to being a bit of a closet "tackle tart" ! If I had the need (not to mention the funds) to replace all my fishing gear I would have it all in camo! Yes I know its not necessary! Yes Peter is right it is just a "uniform"! but I love it! (was a great lover of "ultra cult matt black" back in the 80's as well!)

In fact the only "real advantage!" (pun most definately intended!!) from it though is as Newt says! you can spill nearly any meal known to man down a Mossy Oak T shirt and not notice the stains! Surely thats a bonus for long stay angling on its own?

One thing that Ive also noticed whilst up in London is that camo patterns of the likes of Realtree?Hardwoods/Mossy OaK etc are becoming increasingly popular with non angling teenagers! My birds kids thought I was a really with it "street gangster" with bere street cred when they first saw my clothes! Sadly when I told them they were for fishing I was quickly demoted back to a looser,geek,saddo victim type!

Anyway back to the reels! Allthough I love the paint job I wouldnt be able to have them as Okuma wouldnt really cut the ice with my fellow tarts would it?

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I think with all this 80s throwback nonsense going on they should do reels in neon colours as well

You not seen the custom Anglers' Net Centrepin that Lyn ordered? It's on one of the thread here :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think with all this 80s throwback nonsense going on they should do reels in neon colours as well

:D 80s throwback nonsense, It starts well before that. In the 60s no self respecting specimen hunter would go without their tin of matt black paint or matt varnish. I can remember many hours spent in coating banksticks, alarms, rods and anything that might have caused flashing. .Even used to use sacking suitably daubed to camouflage the swim along with strategically placed branches or anything else that was available. Later used camouflage netting from the army and navy stores. Much easier today and I certainly would not be without my ex army camouflaged Gortex over trousers and jacket. __ You cant see the emoticon because its camouflaged.

Codger your behind the times dude! the days of TV anglers wearing bright gear have long gone! you must be watching re runs on Sky of the Mattster wearing bright red Fox sweat shirts or similar! Even the "Man in Red" Jan Porter has ditched both the match fishing and his famous red outfits and come over to the darkside of specimen hunting and Realtree! Jans really down with the kids these days even if his beaded bracelets are a bit 60's...

On the subject of "Ultra cult matt black" I knew a realy dedicated carper in the 8o's who used to bring his wife on long sessions to the pit I ran.We all called him Ultracult as everything he owned seemed to be matt black.First time I met his mrs I nearly had a siezure trying not to laugh as his old lady was black as well! Hmmmmm thats a thought I wonder how much a Realtree "body suit" tattoo would cost for my biatch?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Even the "Man in Red" Jan Porter has ditched both the match fishing and his famous red outfits and come over to the darkside of specimen hunting and Realtree!

He just got fed up of the "Captain Tampax" nickname :lol:

Don't knock the matt black you lot, it's still better than the bright flash of the ultra gloss finish.

(even if it is better at attracting mud :unsure: ).

I'm waiting for it to catch on with the sea anglers, with 'Realcliff', 'Realsand' and 'Realseaweed' being sold. If you fish off the pier at a resort, you could have 'Realamusements', 'Realwhelkstall', or 'Realdrunkencouplehavingitoff' design if you fish near the pier at night. :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John