On the road at 16.

mr motorola

hmmm i thought all councillors were stone deaf

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the over 65 part is difficult as several benefits younger people get disapear ,i think under the govs own rules age descrimination is illegal therefore benefits (and their associated "perks") should apply across the board irrespective of age.

My mrs doesent get IB because she didn't work in the two years previously to claiming it but has a blue badge because she's on top rate mobility on her DLA ,she hasnt a driving licence either firstly because she never learnt to drive and secondly (if she could) it would have been taken away because of her epilepsy (which is uncontrolled) hence my car is now a registered disabled vehicle and not PLG as it used to be ,my car is now her car due to the rules

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Slightly OT, but I cannot understand why one cannot take driving lessons when you are 16. I can remember at that age thinking "How come they will let me steer a 250,000 tonne tanker through the Straits of Hormuz, or up the Channel, but I can't take lessons to drive a Mini until after my next birthday?"

There have been repeated bits of kite flying about raising the minimum driving age to 18 on road safety grounds. Are 18 year olds much more sensible than 17 year olds? I don't know. I do know that a lot of the 16 year olds on mopeds ride very badly, but then there's a difference between someone who's got an L plate, acne and a CBT certificate and someone only a little older with a full car licence.

Chesters, I hear what you say. There was a long and protracted argument about a person who kept blue badges in his car. Turns out the badges are his wifes (who is entitled to them) and he is the registered carer.

The decision was eventually made that the man could keep the badges in the car, but could only display them WHEN SHE IS IN THE VEHICLE WITH HIM!! Talk about PC!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Chesters, I hear what you say. There was a long and protracted argument about a person who kept blue badges in his car. Turns out the badges are his wifes (who is entitled to them) and he is the registered carer.

The decision was eventually made that the man could keep the badges in the car, but could only display them WHEN SHE IS IN THE VEHICLE WITH HIM!! Talk about PC!

How is it PC for a carer , who isn't incapacitated in anyway, not to display the badges when she isn't in the vehicle? Does the carer need to have the badges 'to hand' when he is alone in the car?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

How is it PC for a carer , who isn't incapacitated in anyway, not to display the badges when she isn't in the vehicle? Does the carer need to have the badges 'to hand' when he is alone in the car?

a fool as well ,with them worth a tidy sum on the black market.

yes you can fill the boot with them if you wish but you can only display it if she is with you or your waiting to pick her up or drpping her off ,just what i said! ,i copied the wrong quote i was talking to Kleinboet

Edited by chesters1

MrM - I suggest you read the government rules on blue badges. It is an offence for a person to display the badge if the owner is not using the vehicle. The badges can be removed from the vehicle by the authorities, (which the owner of the badges will NOT get back), and the vehicle driver AND THE OWNER OF THE BADGES can be fined up to £1000.00!

All these people buying badges on the black market risk being challenged and fined if caught using them illegally!

Guest Rabbit
MrM - I suggest you read the government rules on blue badges. It is an offence for a person to display the badge if the owner is not using the vehicle. The badges can be removed from the vehicle by the authorities, (which the owner of the badges will NOT get back), and the vehicle driver AND THE OWNER OF THE BADGES can be fined up to £1000.00!

All these people buying badges on the black market risk being challenged and fined if caught using them illegally!

That as maybe KB BUT it doesn't STOP them using the badges illegally, and who actually cares anyway? Not the police, too busy catching the REAL crooks like Benefit Fraudsters and speeding motorists. :D

Edited by Rabbit

Rabbit, in my eyes these benefit cheats and fraudsters who use bought blue badges, are up there with those who commit manslaughter - because that is what they may be doing!

Scenario (not real - but COULD happen!) **** No1 uses his bought badges to park in a disabled bay because hecouldn't be a***d to walk an extra 20 yards. Along comes a man who has had a couple of heart attacks and a stroke - he has been told not to walk more than a few yards. Because this miscreant has parked in the disabled zone, and the nearest parking is at the back of the car park. As he is on benefits which mr Hopeless has decreed can only get a less than3% increase to his pittance, he MUST buy his food at the cheapest source (supermarket), he parks and walks toward the supermarket.

That was his last action - the combination of a stroke and a heart attack killed him!

Edited by kleinboet

Guest Rabbit
Rabbit, in my eyes these benefit cheats and fraudsters who use bought blue badges, are up there with those who commit manslaughter - because that is what they may be doing!

Scenario (not real - but COULD happen!) **** No1 uses his bought badges to park in a disabled bay because hecouldn't be a***d to walk an extra 20 yards. Along comes a man who has had a couple of heart attacks and a stroke - he has been told not to walk more than a few yards. Because this miscreant has parked in the disabled zone, and the nearest parking is at the back of the car park. As he is on benefits which mr Hopeless has decreed can only get a less than3% increase to his pittance, he MUST buy his food at the cheapest source (supermarket), he parks and walks toward the supermarket.

That was his last action - the combination of a stroke and a heart attack killed him!