And so the snowflake is gathering strength.........

mr motorola

With the do-goody brigade getting their way with the recent 'smoking in public places' ban , they aren't too happy to leave it at that.

Just using a little foresight on this one,,,,,,,if smoking is totally eradicated (which is what it is looking like) , what will be the next thing the goody goodies will target?

Anything that is classed as sociable may be next for the chop

Oooops , i suppose it helps if i put a link in .............durrr

Here you go

Linky do daaa

Edited by mr motorola

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit

Yep heard that on the News this morning good idea. out of sight out of mind.

Why would we want to kill our kids anyway M?

No brainer really when you think about it, nothing to do with PC either just good old common sense.

An"Interesting" Career, Dawn Primarolo Lady certainly does change her views quickly, you never know, next week she might be smoking woodbines in The Commons Lounge in protest, oh, wait a minute, THEY are still allowed to smoke. :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

If smoking was banned - we would be the ONLY country in the world to do so!!

What do other countries do?

nanny state -nanny state - nanny state!!!!!!!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Yep heard that on the News this morning good idea. out of sight out of mind.

Why would we want to kill our kids anyway M?

No brainer really when you think about it, nothing to do with PC either just good old common sense.

Cannabis smoke is far more likely to harm a user's airways and cause wheezing, coughing and lung disease than tobacco smoke, researchers found.

It is the latest evidence that cannabis is much more dangerous than had been thought.

Previous studies have found that cannabis claims 30,000 lives a year by causing cancer, heart disease and bronchitis, and that it can double the risk of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia.

The number of young criminals using cannabis has shot up since Labour downgraded the drug's legal status.

Figures suggest that use of cannabis among juvenile offenders has roughly doubled in three years.

In some parts of the country that means nine out of ten teenage criminals have been using the drug.

Links between cannabis and crime have been causing concern since former Home Secretary David Blunkett decided to label it a Class C drug rather than Class B - a switch that meant police are highly unlikely to arrest anyone caught with it.

Smoking a joint is equivalent to 20 cigarettes in terms of lung cancer risk, scientists in New Zealand have found, as they warned of an "epidemic" of lung cancers linked to cannabis.

Britain's 'softly softly' approach to cannabis is putting the health of a generation in peril, the United Nations has warned.

Its drugs watchdog says Home Secretary David Blunkett's decision to downgrade cannabis to a 'class C' drug has caused 'confusion' and 'misunderstanding' all over the world.

Nine in ten children believe the drug is now legal in Britain, it says, while the public is being misled about the health risks.

The annual report of the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), which monitors world drug markets and government policies, points to increasing evidence that marijuana can cause cancer, lung disease and abnormalities associated with mental illness.

Recent studies also suggest cannabis users are at least six times more likely than non-users to develop schizophrenia.

The number of over-18s receiving treatment for cannabis misuse in England increased from 11,057 in 2004-05 to 16,685 in 2006-07.

A study by Unicef of 21 industrialised countries found that the UK is now third highest in terms of the proportion of 11-, 13-and 15-year-olds who admitted taking cannabis.

The figure stood at 35 per cent here, compared with 27 per cent in France, 18 per cent in Germany and 5 per cent in Sweden.

A fifth of robbery victims believe the offender was under the influence of drugs, according to the British Crime Survey.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Due to utter boredom yesterday I watched a couple of lads hacking it up in the Papua New Guinea jungle with a lost tribe.

Bet you wonder where this is going :rolleyes: Well they were smoking and almost continuously through three episodes, yes very sad I know all three episodes but I was bored.

What struck me was this, they are not being bombarded with ads to smoke, it ain't the evil tobacco leaf, not sure exactly what it was but they were puffing like hell on it.

It then reminded me that I had seen other tribes in Africa and South America doing similar things.

Right I am not claiming it is healthy, but I am claiming they think it is a natural thing to do and it appears they are exercising their freedom of choice unhindered. Could not help a wry smile and was wondering when the non-smoking brigade would get around to f***ing up their way of life.

Just a thought ;):rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Rabbit
If smoking was banned - we would be the ONLY country in the world to do so!!

What do other countries do?

nanny state -nanny state - nanny state!!!!!!!!

Surely with your concerns about the poor care this country offers to the disabled I would have thought that actually attempting to reduce disabilities through not smoking would be something you would support? You cant have it both ways , if it wasn't for the 'Nanny' state your lot would be a lot worse,

not sure a display ban would do much, how many people as kids thought oh i want those up there, i never even thought of what they were it was when i got to high school i got hooked, 13 yr old i was.

school is the first place to target smoking if you want to save children from a life of smoking!

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk