Sturgeon Catch

Leon Roskilly

Dang. What a mess.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My guess is there's more to this than meets the eye! Who tipped of the old bill? you can bet that the comunity bobby in plymouth wouldnt be an expert on endangered species! Did they really consult Buckingham palace, do the welsh authorities not know the position? It'll be interesting to see the outcome. Truth is if caught a fish like this I'd let it go, such a beast deserves to be swimming free.

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Dan, I think it might have been caught in a net of some sort, therefore it was probobly dead when it came aboard,as far as I know they dont take a bait, as they are filter feeders, but if anyone knows better, please correct me..... :)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Rather poor pics - but it don't look quite right for a sturgeon?(where's the diamond plates?)

They certainly take baits - a camping lake I fish in France has them to 20Lb and they leap out the water like Tarpon! (use meaty - barbel baits on e'm).

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

toggle:

They certainly take baits - a camping lake I fish in France has them to 20Lb and they leap out the water like Tarpon! (use meaty - barbel baits on e'm).

There's a fishing lake in France run by a mate of a mate, that stocks carp to 40lb and sturgeon to 60lb. Sturgeon take large fish or meat baits.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

quote:

Originally posted by toggle:

... sturgeon to 60lb.

Hey Newt, tell 'im how big the Sturgeon get on your side of the pond. 200lb, 300 even?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote