A few hours out yesterday.....

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#431 Mikench

Mikench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Now retired so free to travel, fish and do whatever i like. I like food and cooking and going to France. As for being pretentious , moi!!

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:48 PM

No I fished from the peg Andy had which is one of my favourites. I do like gudgeon unlike minnows.

#432 Tigger

Tigger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,346 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:47 PM

Since the forecast was for a dry sunny day today I decided to go fishing :). The rivers were up and in no fit state for trotting so I plumped for a few hours fishing a club water. I had a pleasant surprise when I arrived as Mike had beat me to it....he loves this place!
I set up on a pool behind Mike and had the wind in my face and since it was a pretty cold wind it wasn't very pleasant. Anyhow I started to catch a few perch straight away and was positive larger fish would follow. As I sat there I could see the wind blowing some black clouds straight for us! I'd left my brolly in the car as rain hadn't been expected and decided to go back to the car for it just incase. When I came back I moved me gear next to Mike so we could have some chit chat and so the rain wouldn't be driving into my face. I'm glad I did as i'd no sooner sat down and the rain kicked off, just spitting at first but propper heavy rain followed...I was glad i'd gone back for the brolly.
Anyhow, once the rain ceased the wind dropped right off and carp began to take bait of the surface so we decided to target them. We did ok and had a few fish until it was to dark to see what we were doing, plus Mike can't stay out too late or gets his wrists slapped :).

56-F60687-846-D-4493-A733-F2-DA73-C46-C2

#433 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,341 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:37 PM

Tigger,

Nice mirror, is it large enough or caught frequently enough for the venue to have given it a name?

Phone

#434 Tigger

Tigger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,346 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Phone,
I've been told the carp are only up to about 20lbs or so in this water so nothing of any significance, certainly no named fish. The place is just a chill out place, not a speci type water. The fish are quite easy to catch, although I didn't see anyone other than Mike and myself catch any, we must be good lol.

Oh, the fish in the picture was only about 10lb so only half the size of the better ones.

Edited by Tigger, 13 October 2019 - 08:56 AM.

#435 Mikench

Mikench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Now retired so free to travel, fish and do whatever i like. I like food and cooking and going to France. As for being pretentious , moi!!

Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:14 AM

It was a great afternoon despite the weather. My wife only frets when I'm with Tigger; for some reason she thinks he might lead me astray !

I always wear a pair of raybans with polarised and prescription lenses. They are great except in dim light or darkness when they are useless. Ian kept asking if I could see my floating bread bait. The truth was I couldn't see my b***** rod or the water let alone a floating crust 25 yeards distant. It was fun though and needless to see we were the only ones there. It's always entertaining fishing with Ian and potentially expensive.

#436 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,341 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

Mike,

I have a feeling you wife is very wise (and thrifty).

Phone

#437 Mikench

Mikench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:58 PM

Not really. Unfortunately she suffers from a mental disability being utterly unable to appreciate fishing tackle, how inexpensive it is and why I need such a lot of it. Sadly it's incurable but I learn to live with it. She still thinks the long thin tubes which arrive by courier are empty tubes to protect my rods. Bless!

#438 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

How do you spell that?

T H A T.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!