Poor Charlie Gard

Martin56

His parents have raised the money for their baby's treatment.

What's the problem??

Funny - we've money coming out of our lugholes for War!!!

With all the other millions of £'s wasted on pointless exercises in the world, at least no one could say he wasn't given the best possible chance.

The other side of me says Let him go with dignity, (is there really any of dignity in death??) but then I'm not his Mam or Dad!!

God bless you Charlie.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

:fishing1: The problem is they are his parents and they love him and don't want to lose him. They want to hang on to him no matter the quality of his life where as the doctors only see him as a lost cause and he should be allowed to die peacefully. Parents against doctors, it's a no win situation. :fishing1:

• Like 1

It's desperately sad but the boy has a progressive genetic condition causing muscle weakness and brain damage.

The molecular machinery that creates energy in every cell in his body is broken and can not be fixed.

There is only going to be one outcome and that's something that the courts recognised when they authorised the cessation of life support.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not many years ago the poor little mite would have just died naturally. His parents and family would have been devastated of course, but it would have been a natural death.

Now, with technology, we can keep people alive (in a manner of speaking) and extend the dyeing process almost indefinitely, forcing people to make these decisions which makes it all much harder.

Should he be allowed to die? Yes, probably.

If I were his parent would I fight against it for as long as possible? Yes, probably.

Terrible situation for everybody.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

His parents have raised the money for their baby's treatment.

What's the problem??

Funny - we've money coming out of our lugholes for War!!!

With all the other millions of £'s wasted on pointless exercises in the world, at least no one could say he wasn't given the best possible chance.

The other side of me says Let him go with dignity, (is there really any of dignity in death??) but then I'm not his Mam or Dad!!

God bless you Charlie.

What do you mean "God bless you" Where was God when he was born with this terrible condition in the first place?

:fishing1: The problem is they are his parents and they love him and don't want to lose him. They want to hang on to him no matter the quality of his life where as the doctors only see him as a lost cause and he should be allowed to die peacefully. Parents against doctors, it's a no win situation. :fishing1:

Yes. But your children are not you chattel to do with as you please. They are citizens with their own rights. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

"What do you mean "God bless you" Where was God when he was born with this terrible condition in the first place?"

It was a sentiment - clearly lost on you cory, Here's another my Mother taught me - "There, but for the grace of God, go I"

I'm not necessarily a believer, but I do try to be a good person. & sayings like the one above have, I think, helped me in life.

Edited by Martin56

"What do you mean "God bless you" Where was God when he was born with this terrible condition in the first place?"

It was a sentiment - clearly lost on you cory, Here's another my Mother taught me - "There, but for the grace of God, go I"

I'm not necessarily a believer, but I do try to be a good person. & sayings like the one above have, I think, helped me in life.

Off topic, but you either believe in a God or you don't. If you do you are theist if you don't you are an atheist.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Off topic, but you either believe in a God or you don't. If you do you are theist if you don't you are an atheist.

Not all that Black & White Cory - I'm more an agnostic !!

Definition - a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (such as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god.

I've been known to pray in dire circumstances in the hope there is a God or at least someone out there may be listening!! a quite recent example - my wife's brush with breast cancer (from which with the help of medical science, is now hopefully well on the way to making a full recovery) A prayer can't do any harm in desperate & dark times.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Knowledge positions (Gnosticism or agnosticism) are distinct from positions of belief (Theism or atheism).

It's a distinction that's kinda lost on most people.

Once you understand he difference, things are pretty muck black and white.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.