Cyclists riding no-handed

John S

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If the cyclists goes under the wheel of a bus, should any of us care?

Is there a difference between that statement and those of Jo Brand? Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Laugh it up.

Edit: Just for clarity:

I've been sprawled all over the road by an idiot who pulled out on me and I'm still regularly in pain as a result. I used to work with a guy who was killed by a lorry on his commute to work and I currently work with a guy who lost his father when he was crushed to death by a bus while cycling to work through Birmingham city centre.

The egocentric attitudes of many drivers who are dismissive of the safety of other road users are resulting in the deaths of a lot of people.

Edit: Video of a cyclist "Going under the wheel of a bus" removed because while words seem to be OK, reality is a bit too visceral.

Edited by Ken L

Laugh it up.

I've been sprawled all over the road by an idiot who pulled out on me and I'm still regularly in pain as a result. I used to work with a guy who was killed by a lorry on his commute to work and I currently work with a guy who lost his father when he was crushed to death by a bus while cycling to work through Birmingham city centre.
The egocentric attitudes of many drivers who are dismissive of the safety of other road users are resulting in the deaths of a lot of people.

OK, so we all get what often happens when someone is run over by a bus or other vehicle!!

Admin' please remove the Link. (sorry Ken, I just think watching someone losing their life on here is a bridge too far)

Or is it just me.?

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Laugh it up.

Edit: Video of a cyclist "Going under the wheel of a bus" removed because while words seem to be OK, reality is a bit too visceral.

After watching the video, I find it hard to feel any sympathy for the lad. It was no accident, his own stupid actions caused his death. I would feel sympathy for his family, and definitely for the bus driver. They have to constantly live with the consequences of the lads stupidity.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

After watching the video, I find it hard to feel any sympathy for the lad. It was no accident, his own stupid actions caused his death. I would feel sympathy for his family, and definitely for the bus driver. They have to constantly live with the consequences of the lads stupidity.

John.

It wasn't about fault. It's about the difference between words and reality.

Cyclists going under the wheels of a bus might sound like a dismissive statement about bike users but the reality is mangled bodies and distraught families.

Same goes with throwing battery acid, the reality isn't exactly laugh out loud funny - and strangely enough, I also work with someone who has had acid thrown in her face.

It wasn't about fault. It's about the difference between words and reality.

Cyclists going under the wheels of a bus might sound like a dismissive statement about bike users but the reality is mangled bodies and distraught families.

Same goes with throwing battery acid, the reality isn't exactly laugh out loud funny - and strangely enough, I also work with someone who has had acid thrown in her face.

Ah, I wasn't even thinking of the battery acid statement, more the 'should we care'. It's like the often mentioned 'Darwin Awards', the amusement that the examples often provide, is without a care for the possible outcome of their actions. They still get ridiculed and mocked, regardless of the potential risk to loss of life, or limbs.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Oh, I'm very much the free speech absolutist.

Say what you will, laugh at anybody you like - but don't complain when somebody calls you out for what you say.

• Like 1