Old mitchell reels

Tigger

I use ebay alot, infact most a lot of my stuff has come through ebay, either shops or private sellers.

If you order something through ebay and pay via paypal your covered against any con-men.

If the item you buy isn't as described then you just send it back at their expence so you can't really loose out.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:48 PM, Cameraman said:

Interesting read?

Interesting indeed Andy & doesn't take a lot of working out that there are some (maybe basic) watchmakers Tech' in there - especially with the 410 Match Auto bale, a very clever piece of engineering including the On/Off switch so the bale arm can't be opened accidentally!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

This was probably the best mitchell collrcting site on the web but strangely its disapeared .

Had some pretty nice prototypes ,far more dedicated than i am

Dhttp://www.werpmolens.nl/

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

23 hours ago, chesters1 said:

This was probably the best mitchell collrcting site on the web but strangely its disapeared .

Had some pretty nice prototypes ,far more dedicated than i am

Dhttp://www.werpmolens.nl/

9 hours ago, Phone said:

Chesters1

I found your site @

Werpmolens.nl

image.png.9b3bc107c05983badb79da4dbb7b5027.png

and http://www.werpmolens
see  if one works for you   - I like looking
phone

For me parts of all the links work but not all.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Martin56 I'm now the proud owner of three Mitchell 300s, three Mitchell 440s match, spare spools and an unidentified Centrepin. 

I spent all morning stripping, cleaning, re oiling, and generally servicing. One tiny spring to order and they're all just about as good as new. The Chinese copy one to be fair is a good copy and well put together, but the parts are not compatible with genuine Mitchell. I need to source a small retaining spring to make it perfect. Centrepin running fine and free, not sure yet whether to try it with handles or not, time will see.

300s will all see service this year, but can't promise all three 440s will. One certainly will, soon as the weather warms up.

Centrepin just needs the excess oil removing then it gets new line and straight into use.

I can't put pictures up as I can't downsize enough for here yet.

Thanks again Martin and nice to meet you. ?

Edited by Cameraman
Auto correct spells wrong
  • Like 1
If all else fails, follow the intructions.