Visible float

The Flying Tench

9 hours ago, Whitty said:

People use them on running water though Keith,I dont really know how it works but loaded floats dont seem as bouyant as unloaded ones,even when you lock your float with the majority of the capacityšŸ¤”

I just assumed we were talking using wagglers on still waters.

I don't think I wouldĀ use a loaded waggler on running water.

The only time that I couldĀ see myselfĀ using a ā€˜Semiā€™ loaded wagglerĀ (like an Onion) on a faster flowing river is if I needed to beĀ trotting tight against the far bankĀ in a strongish downstream wind, and I neededĀ to have a bit of stability without it starting to driftĀ away too far from the far bank.

But I donā€™t think that I would use a normalĀ loaded waggler whether it was on a Stillwater or a running water, unless someone demonstrated differently.

Ivan Marks used to fish with a zoomer on the river Wellend however he used to fish with his zoomers attached both top and bottom; but the Welland is a far cry from the smaller rivers/streams that I am usually fishing.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an Idea - I've just made it by using a 1.5 or 2 mm drill about an inch or so deep in the end of a Stick Float, then inserting a Cocktail Stick, Pointy end first then cutting the end off flat & Painting with the colour of your choice. This one just happens to be a Dave Harrell Alloy Stem but could be almost any other really!! - I dipped the Inserted end with varnish to seal it best I could!!

I haven't tried it yet - We'll see this Sunday!!

I'll shot it down to just below the Red, the Yellow will give me better Paste options at dead depth.

DSCN1990.thumb.JPG.086a677f3f405e874850e4c2ade193ba.JPG

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Martin56
added info'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I've tried the Float in the photo' above at 2 Lake venues & it works Great so will be doing a couple more. The Paint is Sensas Fluo' (Jaune, which is French for Yellow) I also bought the Rouge Fluo' & the colours really stand out very well indeed.

Your even supposed to be able to paint them on the bank & use the floats in seconds!! But better to do them at home having applied a White undercoat first.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Ā 

Can't stand french šŸ˜‰.

I do remember Mat hayes using some fancy felt tip type pens specially made to paint your float tips while out on the bank.

My tips would be an inch wide with the layers of paint and most likely sink under the weight of it lol.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tigger said:

My tips would be an inch wide with the layers of paint and most likely sink under the weight of it lol.

Yep Ian, I once stripped the layers of Wallpaper off on an old house I bought years ago & it gave us a much bigger living space lol.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I helped my old man strip the ceiling at the top of the stairs ,umpteen layers and someone had glossed painted it generations before making soaking it off hardĀ  .we finished i was picking up the fragments from the floor as the old man mixed the wallpaper paste in the bathroom to put up the woodchip (no longer as fasionable!)and the whole ceilingĀ  fell whacking me on the back, luckily it was small about 6 x 8 but it knocked me flat.No sympathy just a moan he had to go and buy some plasterboard to make it good as if it was my fault šŸ¤”

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

Ā 

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Ā 

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Ā 

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say willĀ  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson