BREXIT LEGACY UK

big_cod

On 6/9/2023 at 8:21 AM, *Ant* said:

Bar chart showing the average price of a basket of 23 food and non-food items in six European countries. France is the most expensive one at £67.57, while Germany is the cheapest at £47.25. Spain, Italy, the UK and the Netherlands are all around £51-£53.

With some things it's best Britain isn't top of the pile 😉

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas.
  • Haha 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

8 hours ago, chesters1 said:

France and Spain should never have left the EU, silly buggers. 

Oh wait......

• Thanks 1

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

On 6/10/2023 at 9:52 AM, chesters1 said:

But  who is the top of the pile ??

Cheaper energy prices in Brexitland  they said really , no not  really we were only joking  !!  😂 But don’t worry food will be   cheaper  :bigemo_harabe_net-163: Congratulations brexit has literally fckd this  country for decades and your reward is empty pockets .

EEB4B724-2ED9-463C-BDEC-B2FB1165B3CD.jpeg

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The actual average UK cost of electricity per kWh is 52p per kWh, but with the new Energy Price Guarantee, it will average 34p per kWh.

Let's see how that compares with the EU:

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/infographs/energy_prices/enprices.html?geos=&product=6000&consumer=HOUSEHOLD&consoms=4161903&unit=KWH&taxs=I_TAX,X_TAX,X_VAT&nrg_prc=NETC,NRG_SUP,OTH,TAX_CAP,TAX_ENV,TAX_NUC,TAX_RNW,VAT&currency=EUR&language=EN&detail=0&component=0&order=DESC&dataset=nrg_pc_204&time=2022-S2&modalOption=0&chartOption=0&precision=1&modalOpen=0&modal=0&modalLineOption=0

So, it seems we're cheaper than Ireland Greece, Denmark and Czechia...

Failed again.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

7 hours ago, Ken L said:

The actual average UK cost of electricity per kWh is 52p per kWh, but with the new Energy Price Guarantee, it will average 34p per kWh.

Let's see how that compares with the EU:

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/infographs/energy_prices/enprices.html?geos=&product=6000&consumer=HOUSEHOLD&consoms=4161903&unit=KWH&taxs=I_TAX,X_TAX,X_VAT&nrg_prc=NETC,NRG_SUP,OTH,TAX_CAP,TAX_ENV,TAX_NUC,TAX_RNW,VAT&currency=EUR&language=EN&detail=0&component=0&order=DESC&dataset=nrg_pc_204&time=2022-S2&modalOption=0&chartOption=0&precision=1&modalOpen=0&modal=0&modalLineOption=0

So, it seems we're cheaper than Ireland Greece, Denmark and Czechia...

Failed again.

You forgot to mention France Ken etc etc etc .

Britain has western Europe's highest rate of inflation for food, with prices up more than 19% over the past year- the country's worst such run since 1977. The average price of milk and eggs increased by more than a third during the year to April. Inflation for sugar and olive oil is running closer to 50%.

Weakest growth in the developed world even worse than Russia with sanctions, there’s your brexit a colossal disaster for Britain .

Wake up  to brexit reality !!

And don’t forget your paying big !!!!! 

And the only person who has failed is you Ken voting brexit . I took no part in this lunacy of self harm .

Brexit is dead !!!!!!!!!!  It’s now trying to repair its damage it’s done to Britain businesses. £100 billion a year in lost trade what is was our net contributions to the EU £9 billion a year !!!! . A proper cluster huck !!!

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

No I didn't. It's out there on the right of the graph. Their electricity is much cheaper than the rest of Western Europe, because 70% of it is derived from nuclear - something that we should have done years ago.

As for food prices, go look at the graphics kindly provided by Ant.

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

No I didn't. It's out there on the right of the graph. Their electricity is much cheaper than the rest of Western Europe, because 70% of it is derived from nuclear - something that we should have done years ago.

As for food prices, go look at the graphics kindly provided by Ant.

So we’re better off with food prices because of the weak pound and tariffs and our self inflicted raging inflation  imposed by Brexit 😂 .you 4 must be the only people in Britain who Think that , Ken many many I know who voted brexit admit they made a hugh mistake  and so do the vast proportion of leave voters . It’s damage limitation time or we’re doomed .

There is two sides of the Conservative party that one which is pro business and then the one on the right which is anti business , the Brexiteers who have destroyed and bankrupt 1000s of businesses who traded with Europe . So that puts you anti business because that is exactly what brexit stands for and does destroys businesses.

Yes 

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

If Brexit is anti-business, why do we now export more goods and services to the EU than before Brexit?

As for small private businesses, there are 80% more in the UK now than there were in 2010, and while they took about a 6.6% drop since 2020, almost all of that can be put down to Covid, and we see similar business failures around the world.

On 6/10/2023 at 6:52 PM, *Ant* said:

France and Spain should never have left the EU, silly buggers. 

Oh wait......

Their only exports are ex pats coming home to enjoy a better life.you can't live on just cheap beer and fake cod

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson