BREXIT LEGACY UK

big_cod

On 10/15/2023 at 10:33 AM, Ken L said:

Shock news:

Brexit voters can go on holiday too.

Yes they can Ken but get mugged when they come to change there currency from pounds to euros or dollars or any other currency for that matter . I am still spending the euros I exchanged at 140 before the 2016 referendum.

You must have seen the latest by- election results .Mid Bedfordshire never ever been in Labour hands and the Tory Brexit Party lays  in a pile of ruins . Self inflicted they promised milk and honey and they delivered the  biggest drop in living standards in history and debt running out of control for so many hard working families . Brexit has destroyed the Tory party all self inflicted by the loons and liars .I feel sorry for  the true conservatives but not these head bangers who have hijacked  there party and took it to brink of total destructive wirh there anti business tactics which has seen the U.K. economy stagger .
If starmer has balls he will take the U.K. back into the single market which will see the U.K. economy boom and prices and inflation will drop .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

8 hours ago, big_cod said:

Yes they can Ken but get mugged when they come to change there currency from pounds to euros or dollars or any other currency for that matter . I am still spending the euros I exchanged at 140 before the 2016 referendum.

You must have seen the latest by- election results .Mid Bedfordshire never ever been in Labour hands and the Tory Brexit Party lays  in a pile of ruins . Self inflicted they promised milk and honey and they delivered the  biggest drop in living standards in history and debt running out of control for so many hard working families . Brexit has destroyed the Tory party all self inflicted by the loons and liars .I feel sorry for  the true conservatives but not these head bangers who have hijacked  there party and took it to brink of total destructive wirh there anti business tactics which has seen the U.K. economy stagger .
If starmer has balls he will take the U.K. back into the single market which will see the U.K. economy boom and prices and inflation will drop .

I thought you said Spain was cheap....

Oh, and the recent by-elections weren't exactly a storming endorsement of Labour.

In one of them, they got less votes than they did in the previous election, and in the other they only gained 800 votes.

Edited by Ken L
  • Haha 2

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:07 PM, Ken L said:

I thought you said Spain was cheap....

Oh, and the recent by-elections weren't exactly a storming endorsement of Labour.

In one of them, they got less votes than they did in the previous election, and in the other they only gained 800 votes.

Who won Ken ??? The tories are finished the party have self destructed  brexit is  the biggiet home goal in history they own it and it has destroyed them. Britain is on its knees the  public know it .Another disgraced Tory Mp is very likely going to give us another by -election will the Tory win it very unlikely. And if this trend  continues there will be just 30 Conservative MPs left after the next general election a disaster unheard of in U.K. politics . Tory voter’s are disillusioned because they know in their hearts they have been had by a lying cheating government.who sold them a white elephant but they  truely  believed brexit was right for Britain and it’s turning out to be a monster . And the  problem for the Tory’s they have nowhere to turn they have hung  themselves out to dry as living standards have crashed and debt is household debt is about to explode like never before .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

5 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Who won Ken ??? The tories are finished the party have self destructed  brexit is  the biggiet home goal in history they own it and it has destroyed them. Britain is on its knees the  public know it .Another disgraced Tory Mp is very likely going to give us another by -election will the Tory win it very unlikely. And if this trend  continues there will be just 30 Conservative MPs left after the next general election a disaster unheard of in U.K. politics . Tory voter’s are disillusioned because they know in their hearts they have been had by a lying cheating government.who sold them a white elephant but they  truely  believed brexit was right for Britain and it’s turning out to be a monster . And the  problem for the Tory’s they have nowhere to turn they have hung  themselves out to dry as living standards have crashed and debt is household debt is about to explode like never before .

I don't know why you think I care about the conservative party.

The only thing that they've got going for them is that they're not Labour.

Meanwhile, you're still convinced that the majority of people regret Brexit, but in the real world:

Screenshot2023-09-24194312.jpg.1623a115676ea51d4faf3c13b1a45bc4.jpg

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I think the Tories ARE labour but a little bit more fluffy ,they certainly are not Tories of the past .

I guess their manifesto is to not get elected at the next election so labour have to sort England out ,even labour will be hard pressed to make it worse but going by the past.......

Perhaps the "new" parties are hoping they DONT get in ,unfortunately they split each others vote but if they got together with Farage at the head they could do well but unfortunately well meanings and getting Brexit really done won't help them solving the sorry mess of the last 30 years when it all started going down hill.

As I used to say to the old lanc pilot now sadly gone we have seen the best of it it's all downhill from here we will end up with a Tory 1984 or worse a labour 1917 .or worse a caliphate under one of the new guests arriving daily at dover whilst the Tories and labour tell us how they can do better then ignore their own words and do far worse

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Carl Benjamin made an interesting point the other day.

The British public seem to be incapable of thinking outside the paradigm of Labour or Conservative - making the smaller parties pretty pointless.

The patriots need to infiltrate and take over the Conservative party - and give the membership what they keep demanding.

It's far worse than that there's the "always" and the "traditional" voter that lack brains .

We have always voted ........(usually like generations before them) the proud working 'class' ( pronounced like ass)

And the Tory heartland of the south who think they are different and not 'working class" (pronounced like arse)

And those that think liberal but act puritanical

Yes voters are insane they repeatedly do the same think trying to get it to come out differently .with the party system you can never get democracy you get one set of two ,when one set goes out the other set gets in and all the time they get away with it your vote is wasted .

There's the chance of a difference but those parties with Britain and Brexit or regaing power from WEF or the UN or WHO or the EU will bicker and fight ,the heads wanting to keep their power instead of joining and not splitting each others vote .

The best way to get democracy is ditch the bastards and vote on everything of importance online with postal voting for those that refuse or to stupid to use technology (or refuse to as if it's the devil incarnate) it's not impossible let a score of elected form sides for the mundane stuff and let the masses have a voice not a party with agendas

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 11:07 AM, big_cod said:

Name one thing that hasn’t gone downhill since Brexit – I dare you

And as the prices rocket here in Brexitland it’s time to wave goodbye 😁 and go for some more Spanish hospitality 😂👍

image.thumb.png.864f65e91d5b8e99f2f937120bfef5f9.png

Trade with the EU.

https://iea.org.uk/media/brexit-had-no-major-impact-on-uk-eu-trade/

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear oh dear, I wonder how a certain ‘member’ is going to react to today’s Guardian, I anticipate that Owen Jones is possibly occupying an ICU bed in close proximity to that LBC muppet oft quoted! 🤣🤣🤣

BREXIT *I’ve got news for those who say Brexit is a disaster: it isn’t. That’s why rejoining is just a pipe dream*
*writes Larry Elliott, The Guardian Economics Editor* 
Tue 5 Dec 2023 07.00 GMT

*_Many still hanker for how things were: but looking across the Channel, it’s completely illogical to do that_*

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/05/brexit-disaster-rejoining-channel-europe-economy

_*Brexit is a dead issue at Westminster.* There are any number of issues where it is hard to separate Labour and the Conservatives, and the reluctance to reopen the 2016 referendum debate is one of them. As with tax and spending, Keir Starmer is broadly offering continuity Rishi Sunak._

_*That doesn’t mean the debate about leaving is over.* Plenty of people still nurture the hope that the decision will be reversed and are working to that end. But any successful campaign would need to do two things: convince voters that the UK economy had become a basket case since the Brexit vote and that life for those still in the club was so much better._

_*Neither criterion has been met.* Britain’s economic performance in the seven years since 2016 has been mediocre but not the full-on horror show that was prophesied by the remain camp during the weeks leading up to the referendum. The doomsday scenario – crashing house prices (falls of up to 18% could result, warned then chancellor George Osborne) and mass unemployment – never happened._

_*What’s more, after the inevitable disruption caused by leaving, there have been signs of the economy adjusting*. Nissan’s decision to invest more than £1bn in its Sunderland plant with the intention of building three new electric car models is an example of that. Microsoft’s £2.5bn investment in the growing UK AI sector is another._

_*That’s not to say that the process is complete*. _Brexit provided opportunities to do things differently but those opportunities have so far not been exploited. It is a lot easier for a giant Japanese car company to make the Brexit transition than it is for a small food and drink exporting company faced with loads more red tape. 

But while it is convenient for those who have never quite got over being on the losing side in the referendum to brand Brexit a disaster, the reality is that it hasn’t been. Covid-19 scarred the economy deeply and the long-term costs of ill health and children missing out on school will grow over time. Even so, Brexit Britain has recovered more strongly than either France or Germany from the pandemic. Relative performance matters. The rejoin camp tends not to focus on what is happening on the other side of the Channel, and it is not hard to see why._

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."