BREXIT LEGACY UK

big_cod

On 7/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, chesters1 said:

Only an idiot would boast he's gone hundreds of miles (with all the associated costs) to buy booze at £1.50 a pint when he could buy it here for £1.50 a litre and get it delivered free 🤣

From Tesco a quid a litre!

It's amusing the child still believes opinion is fact 🙄

No answers 🤣

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

He's still raving about Brexit and the Tories, but it was the last Labour government that screwed UK trade.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 134141.jpg

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Swerve coming up

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

20 hours ago, Ken L said:

He's still raving about Brexit and the Tories, but it was the last Labour government that screwed UK trade.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 134141.jpg

??????  Seriously 😂 and what about inflation in your recent trade graphs which in real terms shows a drop in trade not an increase . But we have had a steady increase  with imports from Europe over the years . But now your paying substantially more for those imports because you guessed it BREXIT !!!!! Dumb and dumber brexitland 

Now a another  brexit benefit to hit you in the pocket alcohol duty announced today is the biggest rise in 50 years another brexit benefit :bigemo_harabe_net-163:that’s another million votes away from the Tory brexit parity 😂 they call it the  brexit pub guarantee !! A guarantee to empty your pockets  :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

This  wine in  Spain is getting cheaper by the day 😁🍾🍾🍾

Wine drinkers hit by biggest single duty hike since 1975

NA | 15 March, 2023

Chancellor delivers bitter blow to wine businesses and consumers  

The Wine and Spirit Trade Association is deeply disappointed that the Chancellor has chosen to stifle British business and punish the UK’s cash-strapped consumers by significantly increasing wine and spirit duty.

Some bottle beers will increase by as much as 87% !!!!

The announcement comes after the WSTA warned that any alcohol duty increase would stoke inflation, which Government claims it is aiming to bring down.

When the Government’s new alcohol duty regime comes into force on August 1st 2023 – which will broadly tax alcohol according to strength – some 90% of all still wine is set to see at least a 9% duty rise.

At today’s Budget the Chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, announced that the freeze to alcohol duty will end on August 1 and has chosen to increase duty by inflation – at 10.1% RPI – meaning wine drinkers are set for a staggering 20% tax hike.

This tax rise will mean that duty on a bottle of still wine will go up by 44p. For fortified wines the duty rises will be even greater with port set to rise by £1.30 a bottle and a bottle of vodka goes up by 76p

FFS Dont be stupid it’s a BREXIT benefit 😂 the Brexiteer lunatics running the asylum !!

https://wsta.co.uk/press-release/wine-drinkers-hit-by-biggest-single-duty-hike-since-1975/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

On 7/4/2023 at 2:52 PM, Ken L said:

Nothing. But he's got everything to do with that big drop off in the value of the Pound in 2007/8.

That's because he got rid of all the pounds and left a note telling the next chancellor all the pounds were gone 🙄

I think that's what the Tories are up to today deliberately trying to not get elected so labour have to sort it out . Different reason in the main though a worldwide pandemic where the gov paid most people's wages for a year or so plus spend billions on unfit PPE (as I predicted) .

Labour will get in and the Tories will do exactly the same as labour is doing today telling us how they will fix the country without having to prove it.

Edited by chesters1

Our supermarkets have been (and still are) selling low cost wines/alcohol at stupid low prices anyway.

When you go into most supermarkets you are literately swamped with cheap cut priced wines; so any price increase would be a good thing in my view.

(Head down and wait for the rockets 🤭)

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

They never class booze as drugs ,probably more harm is done by it than coke etc

Not anti booze my youth revolved around it but rarely did it cause the trouble it does now when literally tens of bars in a town have fights on a nightly basis and hospitals are full of drunks on a weekend taxid in by the police acting as carers when cell floors can be hosed down and on the spot fines issued on leaving by the same people

Done many things that "interested" police in my time but never booze related when random bushes served as beds 😁

I would remove licences for the smallest reason ,put food retailers out of business for even less and ban booze in airports it's crazy they complain when their dishing the bloody stuff out at every opportunity.

Cheap booze makes making it pointless outside of making decent beer which in many isn't the point of home brew you made it cheaper than a party seven because even that was cheaper than a pub

Edited by chesters1

5 hours ago, BoldBear said:

Our supermarkets have been (and still are) selling low cost wines/alcohol at stupid low prices anyway.

When you go into most supermarkets you are literately swamped with cheap cut priced wines; so any price increase would be a good thing in my view.

(Head down and wait for the rockets 🤭)

Keith

The wine and beer here in Spain  is much cheaper than the U.K. . No problems  here with cheap booze .

But you have your wish Keith wines are going up in price along with premium beers a nice way of pushing inflation  up .But hey isn’t going to affect Richie Sunkit he doesn’t even know  how to pay for anything on a card  anyway and he is a multi millionaire.

What most in this country do not understand is the drug problem with the younger generation it’s on an industrial scale,  coke and drink mixed which is rife on a Saturday night all round the U.K. 

I saw it 14 years ago in my pub on a Saturday night which was  bad,  I was for ever chasing lads out of the gents cubicle toilet lining coke up . I sorted it by putting Vim down they didn’t like that . But nowadays it’s far far worse everywhere with the drink  and drug mixture culture.

As for bother it’s like a kindergarten nowadays compared to the 70s pubs used to get smashed up crazy when you think back .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

According to your examples some UK alcohol is cheaper as I gave an example of in my post in reply to yours .

Just because the voices in your head say things you think are true doesn't mean they are and repeating the same voices in your head does not change the fact you are wrong

Yes some things are cheaper in Spain but other things are cheaper here but having to spend time and money going to Spain purely to enjoy the cheap things isn't cost effective so overal prices are cheaper here

PS I can guarantee if you want a holiday in a pool Lidl will be far cheaper than going to spain

Edited by chesters1

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

According to your examples some UK alcohol is cheaper as I gave an example of in my post in reply to yours .

Just because the voices in your head say things you think are true doesn't mean they are and repeating the same voices in your head does not change the fact you are wrong

Yes some things are cheaper in Spain but other things are cheaper here but having to spend time and money going to Spain purely to enjoy the cheap things isn't cost effective so overal prices are cheaper here

You are one very strange cooky I don’t whether it  is just totally naivety  or what .

Now let’s book a holiday in the U.K. a week in pool in Dorset say , 7 days nice hotel £140 a night £928 , dinner + wine £100 a night , =£700  a week,  dinner time grub £30 + drinks £25 =another £375 a week , that’s £2000 for a week here in the uk in pool with **** down rain . You can get a week in Spain allinclusive for 2 for £1000 in guaranteed sunshine .

Now if you have a  holiday home in pool out for meal minimum £150 night drink and food .

We use a tappanyaki €13 for as much as you can eat and drink that’s wine and beer and they are cooking the fresh tiger prawns right behind you .And it’s cheaper in the U.K. give me a break !!!

And here your pockets just drain out the cash in floods but that’s brexit land it’s totally hooked.

And poor old mr brexit porky pie Richie sunkit , not long till your P45 is handed to you another compulsive liar .

Watch those publicans who were there correcting Richies porky lies !

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg