The End Of the BBC Is Nigh!!

Martin56

Whether you agree with Gary Lineker's opinion or not, the only way out now is for the BBC to sell MOTD to another channel & hope that today's news, ends up as tomorrows Fish & Chip wrapper!! 🦃.

Well said Gary, & write your own cheque for your future ventures!!t

No Games this weekend would've been sweet!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I don't have a TV licence and can't stand football, so I've been watching this week's events with a somewhat detached interest.

Mr Lineker has been a prize pillock for years, and I suspect that after ignoring multiple warnings, he will now be forced out. I don't see how MOTD can be sold off though, because, unless there have been some weird shenanigans, the contracts with the football league etc will have been signed by the BBC or BBC studios.

The BBC is now well past it's sell-by date though and needs radical reform. Personally, I'd strip it down to one TV channel, one radio station and one news website and privatise the rest.

Those single channels could/should be funded from central taxation and exist primarily for emergency government communication and culturally significant broadcasts.

• Thanks 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

35 minutes ago, Ken L said:

The BBC is now well past it's sell-by date though and needs radical reform. Personally, I'd strip it down to one TV channel, one radio station and one news website and privatise the rest.

Those single channels could/should be funded from central taxation and exist primarily for emergency government communication and culturally significant broadcasts.

That's a very good response Ken, & yes, maybe a bit more, opinionated & less robotic ideals could shine through!!

I would ditch it completely there's thousands of other TV channels and I haven't listed to a radio for decades.

If you want the bbc get it here !cheaper than the licence fee here🤬 And WITHOUT the uk tv tax!

https://www.bbcselect.com/where-to-watch/

I wonder if using a VPN gives you the excuse in court saying" just a minute the yanks don't need a licence why should I ?" (Like anyone other than in the uk with a satellite dish🤬)

If you subscribe to britbox your paying twice for the bbc I presume the bbc input is paid already by the licence fee ?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Clever manipulation of fact to the question is he a BBC Employee?

perhaps something to do with the £4.9m tax bill the tax man is chasing him for that he says is the responsibility of the BBC.

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Why would the BBC have to sell MOTD? It is not as if the host is the star, football is. There are plenty of pundits who will take his job should the oppertunity arise. 

He compares the UK Goverment with the German Government of the 1930's. That regime rounded up all the opposition politicians and put them in front of firing squads. The same regime encoraged the population to commit atrocities against German Jews and ultimately invaded Poland and Czechslovakia. Really Gary? 🤔

Regards, Clive

On 3/16/2023 at 3:30 PM, Nicepix said:

rounded up all the opposition politicians and put them in front of firing squads. 

Whose manifesto is that now and where/when do we vote? 🤣

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Too quick ,hang them on lamp posts and hand out iron bars !

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 11:42 PM, Huge_Vitae said:

rounded up all the opposition politicians and put them in front of firing squads. 

The Night of the Long Knives, as I recall??