Wrossy and Brand

five bellies

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just been announced that Ross is to be suspended from all BBC progs for 3 months .. Without pay.

I would have sacked him.

I know that "Humor" has to cover many different parameters. But insult, bad language, offence and degradation is universally abhorant.

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I would have sacked him.
Me too

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

This whole saga is a total storm in a teacup. So the guys did something a little wrong - it was however so wrong that only 2 people complained about it. The daily rags pick up on the 'news' and all of a sudden the whole country are outraged and complaints go into the thousands. I bet most people never even heard the item, just read about it.

There's nothing wrong with getting them to apologise but sacking them is OTT (IMHO). Watch prime ministers question time if you want to see something people should be sacked for.

I'll get off the fence now ;)

Rob.

This whole saga is a total storm in a teacup. So the guys did something a little wrong - it was however so wrong that only 2 people complained about it. The daily rags pick up on the 'news' and all of a sudden the whole country are outraged and complaints go into the thousands. I bet most people never even heard the item, just read about it.

There's nothing wrong with getting them to apologise but sacking them is OTT (IMHO). Watch prime ministers question time if you want to see something people should be sacked for.

Rob.

I think one of the reasons it got so many complaints was because it was on YouTube. There are two versions up there with nearly 1,000,000 veiws between them.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Rob.

It was a couple of yobs "happy slapping" a pensioner but instead of recording it on a mobile and showing it to their mates they broadcast it on BBC.

They didn't even have the bottle to say it to his 78 year old face.

The head of Radio 2 did the decent thing and even Russel Brand jumped before he was pushed. The individual who come out of this with the least credence is Jonathan Ross. Heres hoping that three months is long enough for the public to pull the chain on his career.

Bad cess to all of them.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have a strong feeling that the 3 months is to give the Beeb more time to seek a way out of the situation. It seems to have highlighted something which has been simmering away for quite a while now, and that is the foul language used by most so called comedians, and the flaunting of themselves by the homosexual element on all channels. You don't have to swear to be funny, and I can think of quite a few so called comedians which would be struck dumb if they couldn't use swear words

Maybe "the younger generation" don't mind, but there are a huge number of older ones (like myself) who would like to see some restoring of decent standards. After all, the Beeb has a duty to the licence payers to maintain certain standards.

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

sack Ross the other one has already jacked and they should be prosecuted for the messages they left on the poor old guys phone

give them both 5 years in peter-head that would sort them out

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

It should guarantee huge viewing figures for Brands's TV show tonight. Damn, I'm missing it.

Oh no - 10:35 :P

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

sack Ross the other one has already jacked and they should be prosecuted for the messages they left on the poor old guys phone

give them both 5 years in peter-head that would sort them out

Or the Bar-L Ranch. Edited by corydoras