Skate Fishing

Norrie

Davy Holt:

Hiya,

Originally posted by Norrie:

[qb] :)

Hi Guys,

I have the new range from Fishtek, just wait until you see them, I have used them for Cod and have given them to others to try out, one lad had a pollock about 4lb but a rare fish for us over here and we have had Cod up to 16lb though the average is probably about 6lb.

Now I wish my new rod from game online was ready :rolleyes:

The 3 main things about the Fishtek lures are that 1. They realy stretch and spring back to the original shape. 2. The action in the water is spot on. 3. If they are not mixed with other plastics/rubbers they will not turn into a sticky mess or eat the each other.

The mirror lure (rattlehead) (jighead) also works a treat and is realy fun to use. For the cod I add a Shad, on my last trip they caught on nearly every drop.

2 nights to sleep :D

See ya :cool:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave/Alan hope you are going to keep us posted on this little shindig??

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris Goddard:

Dave/Alan hope you are going to keep us posted on this little shindig??

Chris

Ok since you asked

it's short cause I'm just in the door..

Alan got his first skate all 169lb of it, he also got his second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and his seventh. In total we had twelve skate between the two of us between Sunday and Today.

The best fish went 170lb. :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

SMASHING!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris Goddard:

I had that as well :(:(

I lost a good fish near the surface on the 30lb class gear when the braid parted. There was a small fish taking the baits and we missed it twice on the big rod so I decided to shove a squid bait down on the 30 to try and nail it, unfortunatly something bigger nailed it first.

The weights were as follows in order 169, 96, 168, 95, 170, 121, 112, 73, 88, 87, 80 and we missed taking the details of another small fish amid the confusion. :):)

I'll do a more detailed posting tonight.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Chris Goddard:

What he did'nt tell you was that Davy let me have the first fish and the second and third by which time I was a little bit knackered so I let him take the next run which was the 170lb.

Barbless hooks had me worried at first but there was no need to worry. I did exactly what Davy told me to do, what a teacher he would have made.

I will let Davy tell the full story as he has the pics on CD and I have to take mine in to be developed.

I will be adding more later, just got home and Sonja has just walked in.

MAGIC WEEKEND. :D

Alan(nl)

Great stuff, Davy and Alan - looking forward to my annual skating in August.

Nice PB Alan, well done.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Originally posted by Davy Holt:

[QB]Here she is, all 169lb of her.. I think Alan was a bit too knackered to smile at that point

Thank you mate. I was not too knackered, just did'nt have my teeth in :D:D

I wonder how Norrie got on, just finished work and going to eat.

Alan(nl)

Vagabond:

Great stuff, Davy and Alan - looking forward to my annual skating in August.

Nice PB Alan, well done.

Sorry mate, I missed this one. Davy has the sheets with all the weights and I am a bit confused about who had what, if you had been there you would understand why. I am looking forward to Davy's write up.

As stated earlier, Davy deservedly had the top fish of 170lb.

My first ever, so a PB 169lb. Davy let me take the first 3 runs, my next best was 169lbs. Over the weekend I also had 120lbs, 112lbs, 96lbs and a couple more in the upper 80's but it got a bit hectic with just 2 of us on the boat and 2 fish on at the same time,(several times).

I think the 120lbs was a male but just can't remember.

We blanked on the first day with regards to fish but did I learn a lot and am looking forward to learning a lot more.

I had 2 that had been tagged but again I will let Davy tell the story. It does give you a good feeling to look up the records of a tagged fish and see it was caught in 1997 at 25lbs and on 30 May 2002 weighed 88lbs or was that 89lbs?

The wild life was out of this world, just as an example, I got up at 0615 for a leak and there were 5 Deer quietly feeding about 25yards away.

That is just a sample and am looking forward to reading the full story even though I was there.

Vagavond, if you have 10% of the enjoyment that I had on my weekend with Davy, Linda, Mark, Charlie and Peanuts you will have a cracking time.

While I am here, I would like to thank Norrie for starting this topic. Without him and Anglers Net this dream trip would never have happened.

Thanks Norrie and I hope we get to fish together in the beautiful country surroundings of Scotland.

Tight lines and Skate anglers DO HAVE BIGGER TACKLE.

:D

Alan(nl)