sorry

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

To anyone I offended I say sorry.

To norrie I retract that last statement.

From the illiterate 13 year old.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back to the forums Winter :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

winter:

why you been nice?????????????????

John is probably being nice because Elton decided to give you another chance and as a Moderator JohnS will give you the same chance (company policy). Elton said some thing about starting again from scratch, I think JohnS is doing that, you could at least meet him half way.

IMHO

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Winter, Apology accepted, lets start again, from the beginning, and welcome back to AN, you WILL have fun on here.

All the best.

NORRIE

ps are you really older than 13 years. :D:D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

winter:

... why is it your business though alan ????

That may have been a retorical question but I'll answer it none the less because it strikes to the heart of the matter.

AN is a community and as such, what happens here to some extent affects us all.

Most posters come on here for one of the following reasons or some combination:

- to gain information

- to share information

- to chat with people who have become friends

- to have some fun and in this case, 'fun' has to mean that all parties are enjoying the exchange.

You have posted good questions and excellent information on some threads. Had that not been the case you wouldn't have been reinstated as a poster.

In some cases I suspect you intended cutting/snide/sarcastic remarks as jokes but most of them weren't seen as such. No smilies to indicate your intent and some remarks that wouldn't be defused even with smilies. So if the remark was meant 'in fun' then you were the only one who was enjoying it.

That sort of behavior is very devisive and destructive to the forum. Drives some folks away and keeps others upset.

I imagine that Alan shares the feelings of lots of us in that we hate to see posts that do damage to AN and he has certainly been a regular contributor long enough to be entitled to express those feelings.

I don't usually need to do that since I can simply edit out offensive material (or a whole thread) when I notice it or when it is reported by another poster but that isn't much fun either so I think we'd all prefer not to have the issue come up.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Am I on a yellow card Newt?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

winter:

oh ok sorry john.

why is it your business though alan ????

Because you are missing the point of Anglers Net.

I have been on here for 4 years+ now, during those years I have made a lot of friends, not only on the sea forum but on the fresh water section until it was made into the session carp fishing forum.

These friends we refer to as the Anglers Net family, over the years some of our family have died or gone there seperate ways and are well missed.

We have had AN family with cancer, lost unborn children, divorces, marriages, students asking for advice, the list is endless.

On the brighter side we have raised money for various charities with fish ins and just bunging a cheque in the post to sponsor someone for a daft stunt.

On a more personal note I had a lot of support when I was ill, I had the pleasure of fishing with Davy Holt, we are going to Wales for 5 days to fish with ChrisP and then off to Lymington for an AN fish in on Electric Blue and we hope to link up with Salar.

The computer was just a machine to me until Newt and others jumped in and started to help myself and loads of others understand what was going on and why. We now have a forum dedicated to technical (computer) questions, magic.

I was advised on how to write an article on a fishing subject, it was accepted and printed in full, I have had several other articles accepted thanks to the advice from "the family".

Why is it my business, do a search by registered number, mine is 166, there are over 5000 of them so just pick 20 at random.

Anglers Net has a brilliant reputation and is possibly the number one angling site in the UK, we would like to keep it that way.

A lot of people just pop in to see what the site is like, including potential advertisers that help to keep this site running so some of your postings don't make AN a friendly place to be but detract from it.

Please think before you post and don't take all posts as an attack on you as in this one with the responses from JohnS and myself.

I hope you better understand now what anglersnet.co.uk is all about.

Good luck and tight lines.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

edit note: Snatcher posted and I responded without quoting his thread. It would have made sense but Alan put a response to winter in so things got confusing.

To clarify, Snatcher posted Am I on a yellow card Newt? which was based on a somewhat ribald post he made one evening when he had taken a bit much of the creature on board. Funny but not for a family forum. The below is my reply to him.

LOL - just avoid excessive alcohol just before you post and I think that was only the one time. It was also funny but a little raw/rough for this forum. On www.mobog.com it would have been fairly tame.

[ 04. June 2004, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President