Limit to pier rods?

DJMCJERICO

I wen't fishing on southend pier yesterday, walking up i could'nt believe the amount of rods people were using, this was the first time using two rod for me as i like to sit on them and tug at any little tap, good sport has been had taking 30 whiting a day.

I was shocked at one bloke using 6 rods by himself, is this allowed? a few other's were using 3 or 4, the pier was mobbed and the amount of hooks that must of been in the water must of been phenonamel (sp).

Also the distance between rod and angler amazed me, with people putting thier rods out, clipping a bell to the top and sitting on bench's 25ft away.

I know the presure of catching fish gets to some people, but i fail to see any sport in this. :confused:

I was the only person fishing in the anglers only area.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a terrible pun :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

sounds like a good reason for a sea fishing license

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

In my eyes it does not matter how many rods you use ..there is no need to introduce the SEA ROD LICENCE.

Have you not paid enough for all your sea gear,been fishing for umpteen years only for the government to TAX that as well,dont you think that they get enough out of us allready,and besideas all that , it would be impossible to regulate.

O.K, so they say to us that it would cost us ...say £25 for our sea rod licence, just how long would it stay at £25............not very long as the amount of people they would need to patrol all our coast line and enforce this so called law, the costs would rocket up........so would our fees for licence`s..........JUST LIKE THE RIVER LICENCE DID.

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

Dan, the last time I fished Southend pier; a couple of months back, they seemed to advocate two rods. I have found this to be the case on all of the Essex piers that I have fished. ( that amounts to three piers. )

Saying that, some of the foreign guys on there, seemed to be using a lot more than two.

Unlike for instance Walton pier, the guy does not come down the pier to collect fees so who's watching!

Guest jay_con

Have to admit to fishing 2 rods now and again, usually whilst fishing alone, for experimental purposes, but I hate it on packed piers where space is at a premium

I always use three, twoo with live baits on and one to catch the live baits. I do bring the live bait rod in once I have enough.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Give me a beach and plenty of room any day. Absolutely hate crowded piers and the like. You usually get the weirdo anglers on piers. Awkward perishers in every way. Selfish and unfriendly.

I find that the solitary night beach anglers are much more dedicated and clued up guys.

[ 22. July 2005, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: MLD ]