Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bash yesterday had a small bass on bread in Weymouth harbour. Baited an area up earlier in the day and went back to it and saw a mullet hovering it all up on the bottom in about 3 feet of water. Cast my float out to the fish and let my bait sit on the bottom! The fish picked up that bread and took off unfortuately missed the fish! Saw a few fish occasionally taking on the surface in the evening! Had a couple of little bites but still can't seem to contact! Would have been great to hook up with that fish that I had picked out though! Proves they must be just starting to feed on the bread though! Going out in a boat today to some well known mullet marks on the breakwater! Anyone remember John Wilsons mullet programme? Well that is where I am going today!

Decided to try my luck in the muddy Medway this afternoon, along with two othe MMG members.

Fish swirling a couple of feet out as the tide came in (one just 2ft from my wader!), but No one had any bites when I called it a day in the string easterly breeze.

Not long now though :)

Tight Lines- leon

Medway Mullet Group

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/medway

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest sslatter

Since I first went out mulleting this year about 3 weeks ago, I've clocked up 38 fishless hours.

It wouldn't be so bad, but there's only me out of my local posse who hasn't caught anything yet..they've all been catching small bass and sea trout, and I couldn't catch a cold..

How much is FishSim? :-)

[ 25. April 2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Had my first fish last night in Weymouth Harbour! Round about the 2lb -2/2lb mark. Had about two hours fishing in the evening and had them feeding off the top stright away! I used a carp controller float and floating bread. Took the fish right in the middle of the bay striaght off the top just as the light was fading.

Whats that 2-1 then Paul I am on your tail!