Wreck it for everyone else

me

In a Commercial water close to where I live children under 16 must be supervised by an adult. I asked them why? They said it's because they've had so much hassle with youngsters disturbing other people and leaving their pegs a mess etc. It's a shame that you get people like that. Why do they do it? All i can think of is a lack of respect. You always get someone who wrecks it for everyone else!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :o

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

But there is a trend for some to come and dump their kids by the water. I have watched as the parent comes, throws some maggots in, sets up the rod and leaves! Boredom soon sets in. This is how we get a group of disenchanted anglers with bad habits. To hide their ignorance they then put up a screen of indifference/hostility. . Are these kids then those anglers who go on to not respect their neighbourung anglers? Elsewhere we have moaned about such carpers or pikers or etc.

It is not all gloom and doom. My local club (Gipping Valley AC) has put alot of effort into instructing young uns. I am always impressed with the attitude and knowledge shown by these youths on club waters. At one of my local carp puddles I have admired the way that the owner takes it upon himself to make sure that the little uns get some success.

Instead of ignoring a problem I think the fishery owner should add an instruction and child minder cost on for unattended children.

"Muddlin' along"

I agree, Kids are not all bad.

Recently a teenager gave me some pretty good tackle advice and where the best swims were on a stretch of water I did not know. I am 30+.

There are ill mannered kids about, but I have seen more ill mannered adults.

Another point to note, a lot of kids playing by water making a mess and causing trouble are not anglers.

quote:

Another point to note, a lot of kids playing by water making a mess and causing trouble are not anglers.
It's on private land so it's only anglers that are allowed in.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

i seen kids fishing gradually change ,they start off as others setting up and starting fishing ,after half an hour of catching nothing they have a wander to their mates swim for a comparison of tackle etc ,then they wander back for a while cast in all directions but only let the bait settle for a very short time .

after a while they give up and start throwing little stones about ,they go for a wander around the pond asking anyone present if theve caught etc ,wander back for a few more chucks ,eat their sandwitches drink their pop ,throw the bottle in the pond and then chuck stones at it ,if at this time an adult doesnt bring them into line then only a slow progression of naughtyness happens :(

ive fished out 5ft logs rolled in in their pranks and put out small fires lit with their wrappers :( .

maybe its a short attention span or just ignorence i dont know , if i come across any fishing i warn them when i get their permit number that i know their address and any playing up will be reported to their parents :D

not all kids are like my example most are good but theres always a bad penny :)

fishery owners only remember the bad ones and act accordingly good kids dont get noticed so dont get appreciated :)

[ 27. January 2004, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

ajp:

ajp:

My local club (Gipping Valley AC)  

Is that the same as the G.A.P.S. wunnus?
Ajp

G.A.P.S = Gipping Angling and Preservation Society.

Gipping valley is a seperate club.

Between them they control most of the river Gipping described by John Wilson as the Jewel of river fishing in East Anglia.

Both clubs also control numerous ponds, meres and pits along the Gipping valley.

There are a few free stretches, GAPS sell day tickets for a few strectches and the Ipswich borough council control all of the river in the town centre.

Gipping valley (according to Wunnus) have the best stretches which are the areas around Needham market and the uper stretches of the river.

Wunnus has put me onto some free fishing via a private mail.

It is worth joining both clubs if you have the time to explore the river.

Dippy (or some stupid name like that) the once British river record carp (until proved to be a fake claim (put on hook let go, reeled in again I belive) once lived in the river and has also lived in most of the pits, ponds etc along it.

Dippy has been stolen from and is claimed to belong to just about every club or private owned pond and pit along the Gipping valley.

A VERY SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

No, not all bad at all. Did an overnighter last year and there were a couple of youngsters who (I found out the next day) had stayed all night with no bivvy or sleeping bag when I was tucked up in a 5 season job. They got quite a few tips and advice from me and the guy in the next swim along. The guy next to me was doing well on carp and I was bagging off a shoal of bream.

The lads were just curious to know what we were doing different. Between myself and my neighbour, we tried to encourage the lads and give them a few tips and help them out with some bait which they were extremely grateful for and were nothing but pleasant and polite all the time. Before they left they both came over and thanked us for our help and to say goodbye.

I'm as guilty as anyone for tarring all youngsters with the same brush, but was very pleasantly surprised by this.

I remeber when I was that age and keen as mustard to know all about fishing and catching fish. People who throw rubbish in the water and cause disruption are not confined to any age group. I've seen appalling behaviour by people a lot older. Litter louts and yobs are not restricted by age, some adults are just as guilty. It is unfortunate that some waters choose to take such a draconian line.

Thanks Rudd, not my area really but I have a bro-in-law who is in GAPS.

I have visited a couple of sections there with him, I like a bit more flow, it goes upstream down there when the wind blows the wrong way.

I thought Dippy had been found dead, or was that the bloke who caught it?

quote:

not all kids are like my example most are good
Like me. :D:P

I never leave rubbish. And i definetly wouldn't think of making of fire. I see a lot of people who are around my age leaving a mess and throwing rubbish in the water. But what's the point your spoiling it for you and others who want to fish without any hassle.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...