New PB for Norrie

Davy Holt

Nice one Norrie (well nice two actually)

Never mind the ribbing about the pollack - tell 'em about your three-bearded rockling!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well pleased for you Norrie, you are having one hell of a year with regards to firsts and PB's, watch out Amble, Norrie is on his way :):)

Davy, Norrie has beaten my pb, any chance of sneaking a weekend in WITHOUT Norrie :P

Well done the Catchalot team.

Alan :)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Thanks Chaps, was a great weekend, but cant get the hang of spinning with a 12 foot pike rod....next time I'm taking my own wee spinning rod, then those Pollock better watch out....Sandtiger, remember son, the only reason you got your 195lber is because I gave you it.... :D:D Jabee, how did your week inIreland go....Any big Shark then....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Paul, I was absolutely knackered after getting that fish up, took me 1/2 an hour of very hard work on a wee TLD 25,and remember it was only a short while after the first fish, then it went totally ballistic on the surface, never seen that before, it was definately one for my record book, it was a cracker of a trip, along with seeing, White Tailed Sea Eagles feeding, (hopefully got a couple of pics of that),Peregrines, Golden Eagles,Seals by the dozen, hand feeding Razor Bills,(got pics of that too)Porpoises,had a couple of nice Spurries too, along with LSD's and Mackeral,and Whiting,oh, and Davy had the smallest cod I ever saw........but also had the biggest Pollock I ever saw.I'll post a pic or two in a while as I'm off to help an unnaproachable chap move a freezer........ :D:D

Theocritis..

Norrie:

Jabee, how did your week inIreland go....Any big Shark then....    

Hi Norrie

Fishing was not as good as the last couple of trips - nothing doing regards Blue Shark but we only targeted them for one day - other boats also struggled. All was made up for by the Murphys at John Benny's and the Ventry Inn (Quinns) and an oustanding afternoon after Thornbacks in Dingle bay.

Any luck on those S/Steel Offcuts and what colour(s) do you want that rod whipped in?

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Hi John, I sent you some pics of the Lymington trip, not many tho' There are a few 35mm ones that I will scan and send you.

The Steel is in hand, I actually have a few pieces and will take them to Amble for you, but should have lots more for you by the time the trip comes round.......as for colours......havent a clue....why not surprise me....Glad you had a "decent" trip..... :D

Theocritis..