520lber caught!

tyurke

n4lly:

Ian its 5/6 pm for them guys, and what they are doing is fishing or in the pub, maybe with the family at hooters. Might be working on the boat,

who knows, they have sooooo many choises :P:P

I'm stuck with match of the day :(

The weather was terrible today in South Florida, most of probably had to work on our "Homey Dew List" so when the weather is good we can fish. :D

The reason most of us jumped in is because of the offensive post made by some. Please look in to our forum and fell free to join in.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=8

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god came on p11ed again.

Off to the fridge

[ 16. October 2005, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Warrior:

Nascar and College football... Perfect! for now

The football was good. To my eternal shame, I have to admit living very close to Lowes Motor Speedway and the races Friday & Saturday were a very bad joke. A very unfunny, bad joke.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ian FG:

188 lb Marlin Swordfish taken at Catalina Island by Winston Churchill 28 September 1929

Posted Image

A great Englishman with a great fish in a great place at a great time. Note on the picture it says "Time 20 minutes"

Ian,

thanks for posting a picture of an Englishman with a dead fish that's not even good table fare! However, to keep everyone who's a little more educated by the thread now toeing the line, please be careful with your description of the fish in this photo. There is no such thing as a MARLIN SWORDFISH. A fish is either one or the other. Marlin, as pictured, are caught for sport only, and the broadbill swordfish combines great sport with even better eating. This common mix-up by your fellow brits is what got this thread heated to a froth in the first place. Go to GOOGLE.COM and run a search on each fish to learn more than we can tell you here. They both fall into the billfish category, but the swordfish is also a distant cousin to sharks as well. Just a few fun facts to keep everyone on the same page...

[ 16. October 2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: BoatsMiami.com Yacht Sales ]

Work is for those who don't know how to fish!

OK, here's the update on the NMFS meeting held Oct 3 in Ft. Lauderdale.

NMFS Proposals:

1. Combine the HMS management pland with the Billfish managment plan.Currently we enjoy a separate plan for each giving billfish the attention they deserve. Most groups, The billfish foundation, RFA, IGFA, are opposed to comining the plans.

2.Mandatory circle hooks for natural baits in billfish tournaments. Not a lot of concern here.

3. Proposed no take of white marlin by end of 2006. No such a bad idea, but rec anglers are not the problem with the decline in white marlin. Stop the longlines in the breeding areas and this one will take care of itself.

4.250 marlin cap and a way to enforce it. Not so bad here, again its longlines not recs that cause the problem.

5. Definition of Bouy Gear. Bouy gear is a way to let the commercials exploit the swordfish in the protected nursery zone closed to longlines. Bouys are fished with one bouy and 2 hooks attached. They are drifted all night, and the swords collected as the sun rises. The plan allow 35 bouys for each commercial boat. We oppose this as no more than 10 bouys can be maintained in a way which limits impact on juvenile swordfish mortality.

To our British friends. We have the Southeast Swordfish CLub down here which is arguably a group of the best swordfishermen in the area. We meet regularly to discuss regulations, fishing techniques, cathes, etc. We also spearhead the recreational stake in any new regulations proposed by our governing agencies.

Like an earlier post, weather is bad, 8' seas, 20 knot winds, and a tropical depression to our South. We'll be watching the depression to see how it affects next week fishing. If the depression doesn't affect us, calm weather should prevail by mid week.

Then we will be swordfishing again!

As for the few posts yesterday, do you guys over there realize how many wet tee shirt contests, and Bikini contests go on on an average Saturday?

Now this is catch & release.

Two hour fight and you have caught a record

fish, the fish is 'spent' from the fight but you

spend half an hour reviving him.

Kudos to the geezer.

Imagine the smoke coming off the reel, 51 lb 60 mph fish on 10 mono in 18" of water 8-0

Nothing to do with the Sword incedent/debate, just

a very cool C&R

web page

I still have to tick a Permit off my wish list, one day (but it still fuels the dreams)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Thats my problem with National marine fisheries. I found out about HMS meeting in Ft. Pierce two days before the meeting. @ 15 people attended mostly my friends. The one in Miami/Lauderdale was postponed supposedly due to the storm two months ago. A bunch of BS Mostly, Marine Biologists (who have never been on a fishing boat) wanting to regulate Recreational angling. Circle hooks for white marlin tourneys, No white or blue marlin kill tourneys, conservation, conservation, conservation. All good...great, but in the same meeting, they wanted to allow 35 or possibly 50 bouys per non long line-but commercial- fishing boats. So they are going to allow commercial "shortlining" in our swordfish grounds-YEP. No B.S. They are actually allowed now, and they are not even regulated on the number of bouys they can run. They are not technically longliners. Kind of confusing. It is however a way for them to add to our sword tonnage-which we do not meet by far anyway. My theory, Let our recreational fish count towards the quota. Don't let some other country destroy the fishery for the entire Atlantic.

Beeper bouys- I would consider a debate

Non US regulated Commercial Longliners-no time for that ****