How is it going in Scrabster?

Socksy Squirrel

Exellent Newt,glad you liked the lures and I hope the crayfish work!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Paula pictures of the fish,the "mottley crew" and the lifeboat! LOL I know its not really funny but it is human nature to smile in the face of adversity. So is it beach fishing tomorrow,what species are likely to be taken?

Hope Kaz got a fish on her purple lure.Right this is me heading for my first Miller of the day. Drats that will leave only 23!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hi Snatcher and everyone,

got the boys back safely :D a couple of nice fish have been filleted and are away for the peeps to take home with them :D

photo's to follow, not got the camera out of the rucksack yet and we are just feeding our faces then off to join the others at the pub :D:D

you may get piccies later if i am sober enough when we get home :D

great day has been had by all, even though Davy Holt spat his dummy out when the fishing went quiet for a little while

more piccies will be taken tonight, and when Norrie posts the pne where i am trying to stop myself bugling.... please don't laugh too much

Hello folks.

They are all down at the Weigh Inn by now. I opted to be a party pooper (Calf muscles siezed after trying to stand and fish on boat plus lack of sleep over the last couple of nights).

Well that was fun (I mean it) I am well used to boats but that is possibly the worst conditions I have ever actually fished from a boat. We did have a small break from the fishing once the lifeboat had a line on us and repairs were carried out.

The second session started badly but did get better fish wise towards the end and the last fish caught was the largest (Cod caught by Spanner). I managed to catch a couple (Cod a Ling) on my new rod (Full report on rod in another thread).

I am logging off now and having a cup of tea before falling asleep till morning.

Owing to the weather me and Clive will need to head home on the midday boat tomorrow other wise we could be stuck here for a day or two so I will logon again Monday.

Better than the fishing and rescue was the chance to meet the rest of the nutters.

Bob

quote:

Originally posted by Manxman:

Is this proper charter vessel or just a local fisherman taking them out for the day.

Who ever he is he ought to get his maintenance sorted out, I'd be staying in the pub I think rather than chancing going back out to sea on a vessel with that type of recent history.

Manxman - this is a licensed charter boat not long through its MSA testing so it's a bit rash for you to assume that the problems were anything to do with maintenance. I've personally fished from this boat for ten years now and have never had any problems with the levels of maintenance with any of the skippers and the present owner is no exception.

Having a boat myself (and having been towed in :-() I'm well aware that a newly serviced piece of marine equipment is no guarentee that things won't go wrong. If there had been any major problem the boat would not have been allowed to go back to see as various inspectors happened to be at the harbour today.

By all accounts the lads and lass had a good day although the weather kept them limited to such exciting marks as the Thurso ***** pipe!! :D

The Big Man

Better luck next trip Big Man.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

good morning peoples :D

before anyone asks, my head is fine, it's the others that are suffering :D

a great night in the pub last last night, lots of banter, loads of alcohol and heap loads of giggles and laughs :D

waiting for everyone to turn up here so we can take bob/clive down to the ferry (it's looking dodgy for a later sailing to get them home) and then some are going sightseeing and some are coming fishing with us hmm, wonder if the heads are clear enough to give me a casting lesson they were supposed to be here about 10.... methinks some may still be in bed :D

So what species do you hope to get off the shore Paula? Tight lines anyway

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair