18-06 bream from Wingham!

Steve Burke

I've just heard from one of my members that he's had an 18-06 bream from the Coarse Lake at Wingham. This is possibly the biggest deliberately-caught bream in UK history, as I believe I'm right in saying that the only bigger fish came when carping. It beats the Wingham record by 8ozs, and has no sign of spawn so could be over the British record very shortly.

The Carp Lake produced another 30 today, that makes 4 thirties and a 40 this month - all different fish. This is despite very little fishing presure - there's been just 3 anglers on the 15 acres this weekend.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just heard from one of my members that he's had an 18-06 bream from the Coarse Lake at Wingham. This is possibly the biggest deliberately-caught bream in UK history, as I believe I'm right in saying that the only bigger fish came when carping. It beats the Wingham record by 8ozs, and has no sign of spawn so could be over the British record very shortly.

The Carp Lake produced another 30 today, that makes 4 thirties and a 40 this month - all different fish. This is despite very little fishing presure - there's been just 3 anglers on the 15 acres this weekend.

steve i am not 100 per cent certain of the weight of it when he caught it, but the 18.15 fish from bawburgh that used to hold the record, was targetted and caught by tony gibson, i think it was bigger and certainly aimed for.

sorry!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Never the less a great fish Steve! People have become very blase in recent years about big bream.They have certainly become a lot more common but as some one who has put in many hours for big bream and also despite having fished some of the top venues and caught over 50 doubles asure you that any bream over 15lb is a very rare creature! For me 15 is the "bogey" weight I just cant crack.

As you say it is very nice to see one intentionaly caught as well.I believe Mark is correct about Tony Gibsons fish but so many big bream are caught "acidently" by carp anglers.

Congratulations in deed to him.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Wow! What a cracking fish. Can't wait to see the photos

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Blimey, what a monster! Photos, please :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks for that, Mark!

Let's hope someone gets a bigger one in the Fish-In! Less than 3 weeks to go now!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Great fish Steve,i wonder what the fish-in will produce,getting exciting.

:sun::sun::sun:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Great fish Steve,i wonder what the fish-in will produce,getting exciting.

:sun::sun::sun:

I think it may depend on how much of a 'social' it is on the bank, as they may spook if it's noisy. It's a big lake :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE