Environment Agency Byelaws

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Worms

Worms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts
  • Interests:Coarse sea and game angling, mainly with vintage tackle, wildlife, especially otters, Vintage motorcycles, eating wild caught fish......the list goes on

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

But, as nowhere in the UK is more than about 70 miles from the sea we just don't have to worry about our tiny freshwater fish Phone....

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

#22 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Worms,

I agree. Sadly, you got me.  I'm 1100 - 1200 miles from salt.  My guess is, and it's only a guess, ocean fishing is like large river fishing in that you really don't know what's next.

Phone

#23 Worms

Worms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts
  • Interests:Coarse sea and game angling, mainly with vintage tackle, wildlife, especially otters, Vintage motorcycles, eating wild caught fish......the list goes on

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Precisely the beauty of it :thumbs:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

#24 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,724 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

The EA are not fit for purpose<br />
This is their flood warning page for our village ,note its boast of updating every 15 minutes its last rdport was on the 27th of dec<br />
<a href='http://www.environme...wn&term=tilford'>http://www.environme...wn&term=tilford
</a>

Edited by chesters1, 12 January 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#25 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Chesters1,

Looks like it was updated every 15 minutes on the 27th of Dec.  What do you want?  15 minute reports for every day?

Phone

(is that for flooding?)

#26 RUDD

RUDD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
  • Interests:ALL FISHING, THE NET, ITFC, Cycling, The family

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Worms,

I agree. Sadly, you got me.  I'm 1100 - 1200 miles from salt.  My guess is, and it's only a guess, ocean fishing is like large river fishing in that you really don't know what's next.

Phone

I do - Whiting :doh:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

#27 Little Roachess

Little Roachess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, computers, steam trains, tennis, american football, pool, camping, and of course, Fishing!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I have saved a copy of the EA's bylaws as I always use it as a good ref point for when i go out with rod and line-I think it is a good idea for all anglers to read through them so that they stay familiar with them to avoid embarrassing and potentially costly confrontation with EA officials, etc.

#28 Ken L

Ken L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,319 posts
  • Interests:Chucking lures, Martial arts and as much travel as possible

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

If you're doing anything unusual like spining for trout or fishing a saltwater estuary for mullet in the coarse fish closed season, it's very definately worh carrying a copy of the relevant bylaws.

Just make sure you chech the ones for the right region.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima.  Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullen's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.
Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub. 
Species caught in 2014: Striped catfish. Pacu. Giant gourami. Clown knife fish. Rohu. Siamese carp. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Roach. Bream. Perch. Rainbow trout. Chub. Common Carp, Ide. Brown Trout. Barbel. Mekong catfish. Jullen's golden carp. Alligator gar. Java barb.
Species caught in 2013: Mangrove Jack. Barramundi. Blubberlip snapper. Baracouda. Malabar grouper. Yellowfin Trevally. Chub. Brown Trout. Perch. Roach. Pike. European Eel. Bleak.
Species caught in 2012: Northern whiting. Moray eel. Barramundi. Snakehead murrel. Silver razorbelly minnow. Deccan Mahseer. Malabar mystus. Deccan rita. Spotted Malabar Grouper. Mangrove Jack. Indian sea catfish. Brown Trout. Chub. Perch. Roach. Rudd.
Species caught in 2011: Indian sea catfish. Sardine. Barramundi. Mangrove Jack. Deccan Mahseer. Humpbacked Mahseer. Yellow Fin Trevelly. Giant Trevelly. Chub. Brown Trout. Perch. Pike. Atlantic salmon. Dace. Minnow. Roach. Gudgeon. 
Species caught in 2010: Barramundi. Giant Trevelly. Moray eel. Indian sea catfish. Mangrove Jack. Deccan Mahseer. Humpback Mahseer. Chub. Brown Trout. Perch. Bass. Pike. 
Species caught in 2009: Chub. Perch. Pike. Pacu. Thai Striped Catfish. 
Species caught in 2008: Barramundi. p-i-k-e-y sea bream. Indian sea catfish. Guitarfish. Mangrove Jack. Mahseer. Squid (Not strictly a fish but it took a lure !). Emperor Sweetlip. Black Spot Snapper. Moray eel. Spangled Emperor. Bluecheek silver grunt. Yellow striped emperor. Vanikoro sweeper. Pike. Perch. Brown trout. Chub. Atlantic salmon.

#29 Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,148 posts
  • Interests:Coarse, game and sea angling. Cars, gardening, cooking, lousy guitar playing. Stuff.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Or fishing for shad ;)

#30 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,724 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Chesters1,

Looks like it was updated every 15 minutes on the 27th of Dec.  What do you want?  15 minute reports for every day?

Phone
(is that for flooding?)

Yes please ,its been over the banks several times since ,if the road floods theres many miles to get around it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste