Interesting stuff Phone

Huge_Vitae

So I suppose now we will have to listen to Trump for two years, whining and crying that the wicked Democrats are stopping him from Making America Great Again.

I hope that the Democratic house does not spend too much time and effort trying to impeach him. This will just end in Trump whining that he is being persecuted (an no-one crys about that like Donny) and this could incentivise his base even more to re-elect him in 2020.

If that happened God help us all.

It was always going to be a win win situation for him, listening to some Democrats this morning hearing the buzz words about Republicans and Democrats ‘pulling together’ and ‘finding common ground’ for the benefit of Americans.

Anybody putting odds on them all doing what they are supposed to do?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

It was always going to be a win win situation for him, listening to some Democrats this morning hearing the buzz words about Republicans and Democrats ‘pulling together’ and ‘finding common ground’ for the benefit of Americans.

Anybody putting odds on them all doing what they are supposed to do?

With such an inclusive leader it's gonna be a piece of cake, a walk in the park.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All,

Hugh, You have hit upon the nub. You suggest, "for the benefit of Americans."

We certainly are struggling to define your comment. Exactly what, in the grand scheme of the 21st century "benefits Americans". It is the same as saying "Make America Great A G A I N"

Our daily table waste exceeds the agricultural output of the African Continent.

We need a crash course on what went wrong in ROME. Slave labor, overspending military, rise of an Eastern Empire, government corruption and instability, the advent of Christianity and loss of traditional values.

In the industrial revolution Britain led the world in advances that enabled mass production: trade exchanges, transportation, factory technology and new skills needed for the new industrialized world and we followed that matrix to successes beyond the accomplishments of any previous society. (don't let Chesters1 see this part). We are master consumers.

A quote - "... with full bellies and nothing better to do but engage in finger-pointing at us. First, China does not export revolution; second, it does not export famine and poverty; and third, it does not mess around with you. So what else is there to say? - Xi Jinping. How does salting our largest trading partner "benefit Americans"?

Phone

I often use Britain as a world leader, I often say how quick it fell to a 3rd world country

The trouble is our leaders have the impression it still is and happily pass loaves to people with more than us instead of passing them around to their minions at home.

They still think the flag covers the world and act it but fail to realise it doesnt even cover the mainland any more

They will fallover themselves trying to be big and fighting other peoples wars but neglect their own kind by letting the enemy creep in through wide open borders

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Hugh, You have hit upon the nub. You suggest, "for the benefit of Americans."

We certainly are struggling to define your comment. Exactly what, in the grand scheme of the 21st century "benefits Americans". It is the same as saying "Make America Great A G A I N"

Our daily table waste exceeds the agricultural output of the African Continent.

We need a crash course on what went wrong in ROME. Slave labor, overspending military, rise of an Eastern Empire, government corruption and instability, the advent of Christianity and loss of traditional values.

In the industrial revolution Britain led the world in advances that enabled mass production: trade exchanges, transportation, factory technology and new skills needed for the new industrialized world and we followed that matrix to successes beyond the accomplishments of any previous society. (don't let Chesters1 see this part). We are master consumers.

A quote - "... with full bellies and nothing better to do but engage in finger-pointing at us. First, China does not export revolution; second, it does not export famine and poverty; and third, it does not mess around with you. So what else is there to say? - Xi Jinping. How does salting our largest trading partner "benefit Americans"?

Phone

Make America Great again, a simple collection of words, same as working together, finding common ground etc, etc, pick any set from many examples of synonyms, they all mean, how can I gain more power for myself and my friends and thus more money, usually not in the short term but in the future. In this case two years time.

Regarding Trump and China, a reason came to me a while ago but I’m afraid to say it’s so ridiculous that it might very well be true.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

That and mass migration, allowing the barbarians citizenship and permitting them to set up home in the capital, overreliance on cheap foreign labour and the inevitable consequences of recruiting a foreign army with no loyalty to the state.

The US hasn't gone down that last path yet - but we have.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken,

I am not going to engage in anecdotal examples. That's to Googlely. (have I constructed a new adverb?

As a less than average student I'll choose democracy. I did Google Churchill's exact quote, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

It just seems to me, of course I could be wrong, we have lost sight of the core requirements, or at least some of those requirements. We have to have a certain level of education and civilization of the population. Freedom of speech and press, personal freedom (culture, religion, lifestyle,art etc) All rights, and freedoms should be strictly coupled with responsibility and accountability

This also came from Googling, The four pillars of democracy: Intact, free standing, independent from each other, pillars of democracy - the legislature, the executive, the judiciary and the media.

And, as for my part, "religion" should be defined as an understanding of what constitutes wealth. Do it any way you choose but there must be a social understanding of "measurable accomplishment" that is beyond your material possessions

Phone

Edited by Phone

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Ken,

I am not going to engage in anecdotal examples. That's to Googlely. (have I constructed a new adverb?

As a less than average student I'll choose democracy. I did Google Churchill's exact quote, Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.

It just seems to me, of course I could be wrong, we have lost sight of the core requirements, or at least some of those requirements. We have to have a certain level of education and civilization of the population. Freedom of speech and press, personal freedom (culture, religion, lifestyle,art etc) All rights, and freedoms should be strictly coupled with responsibility and accountability

This also came from Googling, The four pillars of democracy: Intact, free standing, independent from each other, pillars of democracy - the legislature, the executive, the judiciary and the media.

And, as for my part, "religion" should be defined as an understanding of what constitutes wealth. Do it any way you choose but there must be a social understanding of "measurable accomplishment" that is beyond your material possessions

Phone

Strange 'democracy' doesnt mention the people or is democracy only for the ruling elite?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson