fishing on tv

Alan Fawcett

For those interested? The Coast to Coast by darryl was played on BBC2 in Northern Ireland on Thursday at 8:00 . Not quite peak time but pretty good, its a brilliant program especially if you've been to some of the places. Darryl's a good guy and I would recommend him for any program because he focuses not on just catching the fish but background history and techniques explaining how to rig up your baits etc... also he covered all types not just course but fly and even sea fishing. After the program I mailed BBC NI to commend them on it but I did not get a reply, hopefully my comments were noted.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more Chris.

I honestly thought that by starting a petition most anglers would be happy to sign it even if it was to show the Beeb we are at least interested in getting angling back on TV.

I've had an e-mail from one webmaster who's sent it out to all his members just incase they haven't seen it on the forum, he apologised because he's only got 150 names on his list & i'm one of them.

As i explained to him though if only 1 person signs due to that mail its still one person more than there would have been!

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Alan,

Brill Idea. It's about time we had something new. I think a programme covering all aspects of fishing would be great, with sections for beginners ie How to do this, how to do that etc, as well as articles on waters up and down the counrty (like a where to fish section), but with film of the waters instead of pictures. New tackle features and so on. I suppose it sounds a bit like a TV / Film version of Improve your Coarse Fishing Magazine ???

:P

I feel sorry for all of you.

Besides all of the fishing shows on Saturdays and Sundays, we also have "Monday Night Fishing" on the Outdoors Channel. It is basically fishing the whole night on television. Some of the programs are horrible but, a handfull of them are ok.

I would be lost in the winter without my fishing shows.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

NICK IN THE NORTH if we cannot have a programme dedicated to fishing then how about combining it with a nature series about british waterways and all the animals that live there as this would appeal to a larger audience. and included in it a weekly angling slot?

john wilson is god

• 1 month later...

The number is now 732, it will be great to see a programme like matt hayes and john wilsons on bbc or itv again!

to watch them at the moment i have to get a relative to record them of discovery home and leisure.