Bad day

SPSwallow

:o My fishing was cut short today. I was sat minding my own buisness when a middle aged chav slapped me round the back of the head. Broke my rod, threw it in the river and called me a cruel bastard. My Granddad gave me that rod. I'm sick of peoples ignorance and intolerances. God knows I have to put up with other people, 90% of the population I can't stand. Should be able to fix the rod. Trouble is it puts you off going out again

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mate

I am really sorry to hear of your experience. You shouldn't have to put up with ignorant ar5eholes like that.

Thankfully this type of incident is very rare so don't let it put you off. Chin up (and take some mates with you next time) :thumbs:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I'd echo Sportsman's thoughts, very sorry to hear about that.

I just don't undertsand why scum like that are allowed to breathe air. Get the rod fixed and fish somewhere else if you can until you feel comfortable. I doubt you'll enjoy a return trip to that venue for a while.

He's a lowlife and you're not.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

That just beggars belief. What a total cretin.

I hope you manage to enjoy fishing there again.

If you meet him again you might ask him if he eats meat.

MC

Indeed, what a simpleton. Sorry to hear that SPS. If it happens again (VERY unlikely) you could point out that he's being cruel to an animal :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

SPS could you not of retaliated ? Ok you may not be that way inclined but sometimes you have to fight your corner, no use just letting someone bully you like that. Don't you know who the chav is ?

SPS could you not of retaliated ? Ok you may not be that way inclined but sometimes you have to fight your corner, no use just letting someone bully you like that. Don't you know who the chav is ?

Well I swore at him and waved my bankstick around a bit. Problem was I was taken by surprise when he grabbed my rod.

I'm not letting it put me off fishing that's for sure

Chin up (and take some mates with you next time)

While a gigantic riverside punch-up involving you and all your friends, plus your adversary and all his friends, might sound like a good idea, it probably wouldn't be the wisest move! I'd definitely report it to the police though. If he's hit you, unprovoked, and broken your property and thrown it in the river, then chances are he's done it to others, or at least tried to.

Any chance there are CCTV cameras on the approach to your spot?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Any chance there are CCTV cameras on the approach to your spot?

Na. Pretty secluded. It was in how hill, and for a change there was no boats about, typical. I think i'll leave it. The police wouldn't do much about it. Still, I caught a nice roach anyhow.

Thanks for the moral support guys