Yippee - longer days

Newt

North Carolina, USA

Length of Day 9h 45m Tomorrow will be 0m 2s longer.

Amble, UK

Length of Day 7h 49m Tomorrow will be 0m 5s longer.

Finally days are getting longer rather than shorter. You folks will gain more per day but you have more hours to make up. By high summer, you days will be so long we an only dream about them down at the latitiude of North Carolina.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

In fact today is the SHORTEST day of the year!!! And I know as I take a PERSONAL INTEREST on this day if no other!!!

It's the WINTER SOLSTICE DAY silly!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Of course it is. Thats why things start improving tomorrow.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

(not for me they don't!! I'm even OLDER!!!!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

(not for me they don't!! I'm even OLDER!!!!)

Only a day as we all are :lol:

Your days may be shorter Newt but they are usually a lot warmer in the summer months. Of course you pay for this with hurricans and the like :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Yep, time to reward the Sun God's creatures by sacrificing a turkey, eating the best parts, and putting the remains out for the racoons (we are in Texas pro tem, so can't feed the Sussex badgers)

Never mind all that theoretical astronomy of Cory's. The REAL reason the sun returns on Dec 22nd is because the racoons and badgers ask him to :):) so treat 'em well.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Yep, time to reward the Sun God's creatures by sacrificing a turkey, eating the best parts, and putting the remains out for the racoons (we are in Texas pro tem, so can't feed the Sussex badgers)

Never mind all that theoretical astronomy of Cory's. The REAL reason the sun returns on Dec 22nd is because the racoons and badgers ask him to :):) so treat 'em well.

It's not true, it's turtles all the way down.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It's a beautiful thing that we've turned the corner, although our Aussie friends are going downhill now.

Not to worry, mate. The difference in the length of the days isn't all that much in the tropics.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.