my first tesco bag

sam-cox

dale:

i use the tesco variety as bait.

I'd keep quiet about that if I were you Dale.

There's some on here who will get very upset at the thought of bags being used as bait, especially as live bait!

Stick to fishing with worms is my advice, or something like sandeel or mackerel.

Plastic bags are a true sports fish, and should be treated as such, catch and release only.

And never used as bait!

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been my lifelong ambition to tempt the rare Harrods Bag bagius harrodian. I have been in pursuit of this legendary specimen for many years now, travelling the country researching my quarry and seeking likely haunts of this, the finest of all disposible baggage.

My prefered angling technique is to groundbait the area with brown envelopes first. This is not to feed my quarry but to make sure it feels comfortable and at ease with its surroundings. To get a take there really is only one hookbait for this rarity, a British Passport mounted pennel style and it is said a running paternoster to a pyramid lead works well as a rig.

I hope these facts are of use to all you specimen hunters, see you on the beach.

I'm making an exception.

_

||

||

/

Guest conger tamer

You all wait till you hook up with the big one!

yes i am talking about the faithfull BLACK BIN LINER now thats a fight i can tell you!!

I hear that Safeway bags are now a protected species so handle any hooked ones with great care,could even be worth putting a tag in to see where it turns up next

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

You lucky lucky ba.t...s! I dream of catching a quality bag all ive got recently was a boat brush.

Sizable mind. So took it home for the pot ing shed. where it now resides to appear once a year to clean the van.

If you want to know what method I used. Ill tll you mine if you tell me yours. :D:D

PS Dont really have a potting shed. Only other way was to link it with something that it would appear most of this forum are on tonight.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Snatcher:

I hear that Safeway bags are now a protected species so handle any hooked ones with great care,could even be worth putting a tag in to see where it turns up next    

er, Aren't they like mackerel?

Doomed if touched by human hands!

If you are going after them, best to use barbless hooks and gently shake them off without touching them.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

chamois:

has anyone actually caught a boot like you used to see in the comics?

My dad once caught a wad of banknotes that had obviously been in river for quite some time.

He took them to the police station for positive identification, and they were returned to him some time later.

The bank took them off of him and, after working out how much there was in the wad, swapped them for brand new notes. :)

Unfortunately he never revealed what bait he had been using, but I believe that he was fishing on the bottom.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Well i'm thinking about going after my favourite's today from southend pier. I'm hoping to catch the pier itself about ten foot below the water, and an old world warII wire , other peoples lost tackle, a chinese blokes line after he casts across mine, a flattie bigger than a slice of bread (thats a lie, i don't know thier my favourite as i'v never managed to catch it)

And the train before and after i start fishing

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image