my first tesco bag

sam-cox

I remember it like it was yesterday.

There was no warning, the rod just went right round(slowley), I lifted into it and the rod took a most saticfactory bend. The cluch even gave an inch or to of line until i adjusted it to suit. After a 3 minute tug of war she was in the nett. Oh how I admiered the colours, those blues, reds and white.

The first one took lug while fishing for cod, but I have caught them on a range of baits, although not sweetcorn.

I always let them go for other anglers to enjoy the fight or even a commercial fisherman to catch in his tremmel netts.

After the Tesco bag I seemed to get a run of different ones ASDA, NETTOS,and I once saw a man land a Somerfield bag with a whitting in it, double the excitement, the lucky bugger.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

morrisons bags put up more of a fight, with the added bonus that you cant see em till they are in the surf. i usually keep one for the table, but make sure you gut them immediatly & wash them in the water you caught them from. also check the minimum landing size.

Hi Sam, I caught my personal best bag off Southend Pier. I think there is some rough ground off the end there and they seem to congregate. Didn't put up much of a fight though; came in like an old wet sack. Best catch for me off the pier was a pair of trousers. I am still wearing them; they came back into fashion several years back!!!

you do feel a bit foolish when you reckon you have the fish of a lifetime and it turns up being a bag,i like to recycle mine.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

My Pb was a marker float with about 40 yards of line to a 1 lb weight. That sucker fought a strange fight but never really gave up until I had landed it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Had a cracking take from an Asda bag a few years ago, was trotting a worm down a stretch of the river Earn, water was very dirty, just got to a fast bit of water when bang! rod bent over nicely :D thought I was into a big Salmon...10 mins later I finaly landed the sucker if I remember rightly...I may even have swore

Hooked a car tyre about 5 miles off Craster in deep water years ago. What a scrap in a strong tide

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy