2008 Sea Fishing For You

glennk

What were the best part of the fishing year for you ??

Personally speaking Ive had an excellent year. Havent smashed any records or won anything but still its been an excellent year. Finally got myself a kayak and enjoyed that. Also managed to catch bass on plugs from the shore and kayak which was a first for me, and an experience I want lots more of next year.

Boat fishing I enjoyed the Whitby summer and winter uptiding festivals and from the shore this winter I bagged a few cod too. All in all not a bad year. What was yours like ??

A few pictures from this year

kayak006.jpg

kettleness9.jpg

mikea1.jpg

more15.jpg

more4.jpg

wintfest23.jpg

Best fishes to you all for 2009

Some very good fishy Photo's Glennk thanks for sharing them, happy new year to you.

Done me fair share of boat fishing this year just gone. Had some very good cod and pollack drifting over the wrecks. Spent a week in alderney going around the island, i would recommend that to anyone. Caught an 80 plus conger, 15lb turbot, dab according to Norm. Although i have had some cod on the drift, wrecks, the one lunker cod, the piggy bank, on the ground has elluded me.

This year coming, lots of wrecking trips up and down the channel with skippers old and new, looking forward to meeting fishing buddies, both old and new , best of all, been invited to fish, Scotland, with Norrie, the north sea with a super guy called John Brennan and been invited to Southern Ireland with my mates who have just moved there. Just bought two super braid rods from my mate Mike Concannon in Dartmouth, can't wait to try them and to have a fish with him, tight lines and good fishing to all. regards :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I can honestly say 2008 has been the worst year of sea fishing I can remember. There have been a total lack of fish on the Fylde, it has been AWFUL. No cod/codling and just a general lack of other species. Why?.....no idea, conditions are fine weather suits fishing, just no fish

And before I start getting comments about me being a cr*p fisherman, nobody else catches either

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Some very good fishy Photo's Glennk thanks for sharing them, happy new year to you.

Done me fair share of boat fishing this year just gone. Had some very good cod and pollack drifting over the wrecks. Spent a week in alderney going around the island, i would recommend that to anyone. Caught an 80 plus conger, 15lb turbot, dab according to Norm. Although i have had some cod on the drift, wrecks, the one lunker cod, the piggy bank, on the ground has elluded me.

This year coming, lots of wrecking trips up and down the channel with skippers old and new, looking forward to meeting fishing buddies, both old and new , best of all, been invited to fish, Scotland, with Norrie, the north sea with a super guy called John Brennan and been invited to Southern Ireland with my mates who have just moved there. Just bought two super braid rods from my mate Mike Concannon in Dartmouth, can't wait to try them and to have a fish with him, tight lines and good fishing to all. regards :)

:lol: It's been a pretty good year, when I could get out. Been busy with the paper, sorting out all the problems my accounts firm caused, still not quite sorted, probably got to take some people to court because they think because their invoices were late, they don't have to pay them, well, that's their excuse for not paying, look for some charter boats for sale later this year. Half my boat trips have been blown off and the shore fishing has been good, when it wasn't blowing a gale or weeded out. The upside is, the paper is still doing well with new customers taking the paper where it hasn't reached before and more subscribers than ever. New charter boats coming in so lots of reviews for me to do with the new tackle I've got to review. Looking forward to the skate trip, when someone comes up with a date. Two possible trips to warmer climates to do write ups on big game fishing, so all in all I'm positive about 2009. Bring it on. :lol:

Had more boat trips cancelled due to gales than ever before, but at least I chalked up my biggest-ever beach-caught fish, even if I had to go to Nambia to do it.

On with the species hunt in 2009 - Bloch's Topknot, Couch's Seabream, Spotted Dragonet and the rest :)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

If anyone can get out tommorow middle channel section the forecast is going to be brilliant, just checked again and it is going to gust all the way upto W 6mph, you could blow harder than that, sea state, smooth to calm. Taking me camera just in case. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Nice pic's Glenn

Good luck tomorrow Barry (wish i had booked a place somewhere for tomorrow)

2008 fishing has been so so from the beach.

Boats trip cancelled were out of Lymington, Weymouth and Brixham :blink:

Hope the wind is kinder for 2009, i've got a new Shimano Beastmaster 240 - 200 to play with :sun:

Tight lines everyone for this new year reeling-smiley.gif

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Went out yesterday to try for bass, some hope that was, no tide for them, so we moved off to a whiting hot spot, not my cup of tea.

However once there up came the normal stuff for all, dog fish included. Yes there was some nice whiting, just one very nice plump codling of seven pounds,baited feathers, one smoothhound for me.

The skipper moved over 100m to a wreck, straight away there was a few nice pollack on bait along with large pout big enough to take and get fillets off. I ended up with two conger about 35 lb each on light gear, that was fun. Some one had one on baited feathers, it ended in tears though.

For winter inshore fishing it was a good mixed bag of fish that was worth going out for. My misses was pleased, as no fish were brought home.

Looking forward to 2009 i am just giveing you the nod glenn on that day you were with me uptiding we are ready to drop the pick in the mini festival a couple of weeks ago .

wintfest19.jpg

It was a shame about this fish glen being just a head and bone being in good condition it would have gone well into double figures.

ec004d78.jpg

paul,

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Nice one Glenn and good pictures :thumbs: Suppose the highlight of the year for me was catching about 20 new species on my oz trip.Watch out for my next report,its got some good reef fish on!!

As far as 2009 goes the local waters around me at Whitley Bay will not be concidered as the fishing is really dire unfortunately :( :(

On the positive side will be spending most of the summer in our static caravan on the Mull of Galloway.Have three targets in mind.

1 To catch a tope off the shore

2 To target and catch the local Drummore mullet.After doing so well with them in Australia I have a couple of new ideas I want to try out :rolleyes:

3 Want the wife to catch a bass on a popper :thumbs:

Lets hope we all have a good one :fishing:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy