Save some money on printer ink . . .

Sutton Warrior

They are available from the links i posted but i seem to have either become invisible or not accepted as part of the anglersnet photography forum clique, ill give Mr Wiggly his dues, he welcomed everyone god bless him.

I'm sure your comments have been read Alnath and I dont know anything about a clique or whatever and I'm certain that one does not exist, more often than not on forums two or three posts bunched together will reflect much the same content, as yours and Robs are similar I guess your comment sparked someting in Robs mind that he will post when he gets home.

-------------------------

http://www.dscolourlabs.co.uk/

For Photo printing, example: 16 x 12 Print 95p. Quality: Top!

http://www.fileprint.org/

For document Printing. Only just started to use them but all round quality is excellent, fast turnaround. I ordered 6 calenedars from them before Christmas and from point of order, they where produced and delivered in 22 hours.

If I had an A3 printer I would probably use it and get cartridges refilled if the quality was good, I've just spent too much time in the past trying to calibrate printers and get rid of banding etc on prints...and it was a good printer too. Dedicated print shops are far better in my opinion and I dont see how a home printer could compete with that.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had an A3 printer I would probably use it and get cartridges refilled if the quality was good, I've just spent too much time in the past trying to calibrate printers and get rid of banding etc on prints...and it was a good printer too. Dedicated print shops are far better in my opinion and I dont see how a home printer could compete with that.

Steve...:)

Got an Epson A3 printer . . . in the loft, why in the loft? cos of the same problems.

The humble A4, HP C5180 'all in one' does not give any problems, even if left for weeks! and now I'v worked out how to get a 6 cartridge refillpack for less than £30, thats not so bad.

However, for qulity, framing and display, the online shop seems an excelent idea.

SW

You should be able to ink cartidges online from non HP suppliers for much less than what you're paying. I'll check who I get mine from at home tonight, but they are about 1/4 to 1/3 the price of the 'official' ones and work equally well.

Rob.

Changed over from xp to vista, along with a newer version of the hp all in one. Immeadiatly noticed that the tiny ink cartridges you get appear to last a heck of alot longer, dunno why.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Dedicated print shops are far better in my opinion and I dont see how a home printer could compete with that.

Steve...:)[/i]

Just cause you can't see it don't mean it can't be true ;). My Canon PIXMA iP4500 does prints every bit as good as prints I've had from 'proper' photographs from 35mm stock. Just my opinion YMMV.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

You can learn how to save 15%-20% of your printers ink free of charge! How? Eco Font is how. It's a free font with tiny holes in it barely seen with the naked eye with font size 12" (standard size), such as the text your reading right now. You can download the free font by visiting the small article I wrote on the subject located here: Free Eco Font!

Good Luck, Save Ink, Save Paper, Save the world! B)

Angela - welcome to AnglersNet and the photography section.

I had a look at your site and that article. Interesting idea for an ink-saving font.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just cause you can't see it don't mean it can't be true ;) . My Canon PIXMA iP4500 does prints every bit as good as prints I've had from 'proper' photographs from 35mm stock. Just my opinion YMMV.

Perhaps, but...

I haven't digital printed photos at home for years, all mine are done at PhotoBox, on photographic paper, and should last about 150 years (as photos do when stored correctly). There was no initial outlay, the only prints I get done now are large (small stuff just gets sent as jpegs), which costs £2.61 for a 15" x 10". Standard sized prints are just 5p.

I do have a photo colour printer at home, HP, so no nozzle clogging to worry about (yup had an Epson or two in my time), but there's no way, even with the printer profiled correctly, I can match PhotoBox quality, and certainly no chance of matching price.

Geoff

They are available from the links i posted but i seem to have either become invisible or not accepted as part of the anglersnet photography forum clique, ill give Mr Wiggly his dues, he welcomed everyone god bless him.

Exactly the same happens to most of my posts on some other forums, though not on AN.

I sometimes think, why do I bother??

Perhaps it's because I don't post enough that's the difference between me and the other posters.

But then I think again and decide it's definitely a "Clique" :rolleyes:

However it could be the way I post?? Making a statement rather than engaging in a converstion??

Who knows??

AN rules :D :D :D